 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 15180
15179  |  15181
Subject:
A hinging problem
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Sun, 13 Nov 2005 06:09:36 GMT

No, it's not brick it forward or "you suck yu gi oh", I actually have a somewhat
Lego related question:

I'm trying to build a hinge in this space:

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/tsangc/Airplane/hingeproblem.jpg

Basically I want to start with a 1x4 plate attached to a 2x4 plate and have the
2x4 plate hinge open in the sweep defined by the blue lines.

Another possibility is to have the area not directly on top of the red piece
sweep open, leaving the area on top still attached or part of the hinge.

Maybe there's a part I don't know about or a technique I'm unsure of--I know
there's a lot of smart builders out there, but I think I built myself into a
corner on this one.

Calum
PS-I would like to play Brick it Forward too.  I will start with a rtlToronto
train container:

http://peach.mie.utoronto.ca/people/tsangc/nglcl/container.jpg

My goal is to get:

-Canon ST-E2 Speedlite Transmitter and two 580EX slave flashes.
-Used Canon 420EX Speedlite
-the new Technic forklift