 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 15181
Re: A hinging problem
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Sun, 13 Nov 2005 07:11:05 GMT

   No, it’s not brick it forward or “you suck yu gi oh”, I actually have a somewhat Lego related question:

I’m trying to build a hinge in this space:

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/tsangc/Airplane/hingeproblem.jpg

Basically I want to start with a 1x4 plate attached to a 2x4 plate and have the 2x4 plate hinge open in the sweep defined by the blue lines.

Another possibility is to have the area not directly on top of the red piece sweep open, leaving the area on top still attached or part of the hinge.

Maybe there’s a part I don’t know about or a technique I’m unsure of--I know there’s a lot of smart builders out there, but I think I built myself into a corner on this one.

Start with this:

If you don’t need to attach anything to the 2x4 plate, use this:

If you do, use this: and an exacto knife ;)

ROSCO