 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 15193
Re: Gluing Lego
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Tue, 15 Nov 2005 11:41:04 GMT

Hi folks,

I need to glue together some Lego sculptures (ersatz FLL trophies--hey, I
learned a new word from reading rtlToronto).  Could someone recommend a glue
that is easily available at Home Depot?

I've read Methyl Ethyl Ketone was what they use at the parks, but I want
something relatively cheap and off the shelf.  Any ideas?

Calum

Oateys All Purpose. That's what we used on KCCUSA(1) and it worked well. Noxious
stuff so all the usual cautions apply, especially ventilation, although not
quite as bad as MEK. Like MEK it works by melting the ABS so when the solvent
evaporates the bond is stronger than the brick.

I do not know if it's available in Canada but in the US look in the plumbing
section, it should be right next to Oateys pipe cement.

Hope that helps.

1 - http://www.miltontrainworks.com/MTW/services/KCC/index.php