 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 15214
Re: Gluing Lego
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Wed, 16 Nov 2005 23:41:37 GMT

MEK is about all that will work well.  The parks use a combo of MEK and
liquid ABS resin, but MEK will work well enough.  You can get pint cans
of it at various hardware stores, I'm pretty sure HD/Lowe's would have
it in the paint dept.  If not, try mom&pop hardware stores.

Be careful using it, as I believe it will damage the normal finish of
the bricks (I think that is what the liquid ABS is for - increased
adhesion, and giving a glossy surface).  Try to only put it on the
internals of the bricks before pressing them on the sculpture, and go
light on it.

Use it outdoors, it's nasty stuff.

Calum Tsang wrote:
Hi folks,

I need to glue together some Lego sculptures (ersatz FLL trophies--hey, I
learned a new word from reading rtlToronto).  Could someone recommend a glue
that is easily available at Home Depot?

I've read Methyl Ethyl Ketone was what they use at the parks, but I want
something relatively cheap and off the shelf.  Any ideas?

Calum

--
Tom Stangl
*http://www.vfaq.com/