 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / *7059 (-100)
  Re: rtlToronto15: Pipe Racers-Feasibility?

(...) Well, PayPal in Canada is a real PITA. 310F was basically bringing every photocopy, note etc into the open book exam and writing every equation down so the TA would be merciful. And since I've already spoken to you about the politics of (...) (22 years ago, 8-Apr-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: rtlToronto15: Pipe Racers-Feasibility?

(...) no iain, it was aimed squarely at Bruce and Dave. the 3 of us are really the only ones who play the mocking game. BUT we allow anyone to play. all you need is to proclaim your robot to be better than sliced bread, and show up with a bot. Of (...) (22 years ago, 8-Apr-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: rtlToronto15: Pipe Racers-Feasibility?

(...) That would look awesome! I had kind of "visualised" a more cubish design, too. (...) That's probably aimed at me - and I realize that I really should STFU as I haven't entered anything since what, like, Guelph? :( (...) Well, yeah, that's sort (...) (22 years ago, 8-Apr-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: What are people doing for train5?

(...) as nice as your pencil sketches are, I think the community as a whole would be better served if you spent Ma Bell company time updating the photos page for r13 rather than droning on and on about your barbie train station. chris (22 years ago, 8-Apr-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: rtlToronto15: Pipe Racers-Feasibility?

(...) This made me laugh my butt off!!!! I'm flattered that you might think Project X is much more difficult than Thermodynamic, and PayPay in Canada. I will not speak about #3 cause it makes me SICK! (lets not go there) Inspired by your fear of (...) (22 years ago, 8-Apr-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: rtlToronto15: Pipe Racers-Feasibility?

(...) things. (...) I think for a first go, it should just be 45 or 90 degree corners. I think the problem is challenging enough as it is. All this pipe stuff reminded me of this: (URL) the Y thing, does that mean that like, certain pipes are "Dead (...) (22 years ago, 8-Apr-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: What are people doing for train5?

(...) I can lend you the requisite switches. I think I have three pairs. Do note, you have to push that switch north one straight track. Here's what I'm planning to do: (URL) (22 years ago, 8-Apr-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  rtlToronto15: Pipe Racers-Feasibility?

Hey folks, One of the concerns I've heard about rtl15: Pipe Racers and it's predecessor event at BrickFest 2003, is that it may be too difficult to traverse a Y joint. I'd like to take a survey as to whether or not people think this is possible (the (...) (22 years ago, 8-Apr-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: What are people doing for train5?

(...) I'm busy making the actual modules/legs at this moment... Though the other night I build a railway station (tiny compared to Calum's) for the trainyard... Planning on revamping the engine repair building as well Dave K (22 years ago, 7-Apr-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: What are people doing for train5?

Well after careful examination of my Lego i have come to the following conclusions: 1) I have no track 2) I have no train wheels 3) I have magnets... 4) But those are from M-tron sets.... Based on those 4 I have realized I have no trainsets... (...) (22 years ago, 7-Apr-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Do you ever wonder...

If you see this message 3 times, that is because it was posted twice to .loc.ca.on instead of .org.ca.rtltoronto. I blame outlook (I bow my head in shame for using M$ products) ;) (...) is (...) I have heard about it, I think someone mentioned it in (...) (22 years ago, 7-Apr-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  RE: Do you ever wonder...

Hi, I live in Kitchener and my in-laws are in London. I was at the Toy Shop last summer and at their old store (on Hyde Park Road past Fanshawe). It has a nice selection, however I found it a bit on the pricey side. I guess if there was something I (...) (22 years ago, 7-Apr-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.loc.ca.on)

  Re: What are people doing for train5?

(...) Rebuilt the dam :) (...) You had asked be about running another line off of the main lines... I have no problem doing this, but i only have 2 switches of each type, I'm already short one... can someone lend me two switches that have the spur (...) (22 years ago, 7-Apr-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  What are people doing for train5?

Hey folks, Now that rtlToronto13 is past, and rtlToronto14: You're the Next Contestant On...The Rice is Right!* is on track for June, and BrickFest 2003/rtlToronto15: PipeRacers going forward... So, what are folks working on for train5/NMRA? I'm (...) (22 years ago, 7-Apr-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: rtlToronto: Lego Sorting Survey

So I've finally got around to answering the Sorting Survey. (URL) and white vegetable bins: Left column 2x4, center column 2x2 and 2x3 mixed, right column 2x >4. Blue trays contain plates, left to right 1x8 colour, 1x8 gray scale, 1x3 colour, 1x3 (...) (22 years ago, 7-Apr-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Robodex 2003 photos

(...) ::sigh:: Iain (22 years ago, 7-Apr-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Robodex 2003 photos

The Sony robot with those little ribbons brings horrible flashbacks of this Chiense-Canadian immigrant son's experiences with the cultural oddity called "Chinese Traditional Dance Recital". (URL) nifty. Calum (22 years ago, 7-Apr-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Do you ever wonder...

(...) And I looked for you the last time I was there, but didn't see you. ;) O.K. that's not true. I just bought a couple of the 1/2 price Twin-pod Cloud Cars... but it did cross my mind that another adult fan had been there. Have you been to the (...) (22 years ago, 7-Apr-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.loc.ca.on)

  Re: Do you ever wonder...

I was the one who mentioned the TRU in London ;) I live half an hour north of london, near the town of Exeter. I don`t know of anyone else in this area.... Gerard "Allan Bedford" <ExpertBuilder-DELET...otome.com> wrote in message (...) (22 years ago, 7-Apr-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Do you ever wonder...

(...) I'd garner that quite a few of them are young. (well, young relative to me…but then again I'm probably considered ‘young’ as well.) I do believe these individuals are the same kind of people that frequent From Bricks to Bothans. Cause they’ve (...) (22 years ago, 7-Apr-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Do you ever wonder...

(...) I've often wondered the same thing. I got excited the other day just because someone mentioned a Toys 'R Us store that I also happen to go to from time to time. It was the first mention of someone in that part of Ontario that I could remember (...) (22 years ago, 6-Apr-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Do you ever wonder...

Do you ever look at the Members list on Lugnet, and wonder where all these folks with Canadian flags are? Now, say Canada has 29 million people, give or take a few million. Somewhere near 7 million are in the GTA region. Which should mean that some (...) (22 years ago, 6-Apr-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Extreme Creatures 9732 @ The Bay

Unfotunately, there were none at my local Bay Store. I did, however pick up a Women's team for 4.99 and 2 Ogel Strikers for 2.99 each. These will go into my bricklink shop. Its funny with the Bay. You can definitely tell that Toys aren't one of its (...) (22 years ago, 6-Apr-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Looking good...

Well May 2nd is the "special preview night". That might work. I think that you will definitely go to this. Its a shame that I have 2 week military training during this (April 21st to May 7th) :( (...) Like Funnel Cakes 1... :) Ben (22 years ago, 6-Apr-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Extreme Creatures 9732 @ The Bay

<snippage> (...) Dave, Buddy, Pal.... I would be intrested in a module, I was thinking of making a batch (cuz I need one and 2 halfs) for the dam... You would not happen to have a couple of have mod boards as well would you? Jeff VW OH yeah! one (...) (22 years ago, 6-Apr-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Extreme Creatures 9732 @ The Bay

(...) Boy, its so interesting watching people talk about us like we're on some foreign planet or something... Lurkers! :) -JHK (no piece is useless if you try hard enough) (22 years ago, 6-Apr-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Extreme Creatures 9732 @ The Bay

(...) They do this "Seed Part" contest every so often. One of them was the green field piece of the soccer kicker--I was surprised just how far people took that one piece. But there are truly useless Lego pieces. I challenge anyone to come up with a (...) (22 years ago, 6-Apr-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Why I love my NLSO....

So my SO is 'cleaning her room' when she discovers in the back of her closet a box. This box, to the uneducated masses, would not appear to be significant. However, to my now semi-LEGO-educated SO, this box was a trove... (URL) 103! She had probably (...) (22 years ago, 6-Apr-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Extreme Creatures 9732 @ The Bay

(...) Truly useless?? It's LEGO, and if it's LEGO, it's all good... There was that competition in .space a while back where they took the "worst" space LEGO pieces, like the rowboat, and the palm leaf, and built them into a spaceship... Was very (...) (22 years ago, 6-Apr-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Extreme Creatures 9732 @ The Bay

(...) You know, that was probably one of the worst kept Lego/toy sections I've ever seen. I am convinced the Bay is getting out of toys. (...) Wow. I never knew that! I think it's safe to say every piece has a use.* One of the things that amazed the (...) (22 years ago, 6-Apr-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

"Calum Tsang" <tsangc@mie.utoronto.ca> wrote in message news:HCwnDJ.CEt@lugnet.com... (...) 25-33% (...) You missed something, I put my hand in a half-eaten bread product that was stuck behind one of the sets. I almost fell over I was laughing so (...) (22 years ago, 6-Apr-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Extreme Creatures 9732 @ The Bay

(...) I was over at the one at Yorkdale and found some items on sale, about 25-33% off. There was a lot of LOM stuff being cleared out. (...) Well, one of the things was to use it as a cheap rotation sensor. I think the plan was to gear it in such a (...) (22 years ago, 6-Apr-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Looking good...

"Wayne Young" <wayfer@nospam_rogers.com> wrote in message news:HCwG92.1v6F@lugnet.com... (...) (URL) Maybe we should go to Canada's Wonderland as a group, on or near opening (...) Bwa haa haa! My master plan is working. Yes, yesss...sss! :: taps (...) (22 years ago, 6-Apr-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Looking good...

(...) Maybe we should go to Canada's Wonderland as a group, on or near opening day. It sure would be fun to see this thing in action. (22 years ago, 6-Apr-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Looking good...

(URL) sigh :: 26 days... Iain (22 years ago, 6-Apr-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Extreme Creatures 9732 @ The Bay

FYI, The Bay is selling the Extreme Creatures set (9732) at $25. Various stickers on the box indicate that it started at 75, was marked down to 65, and then 45, but it shows up on the register at 25. Note that there was no indication that the set is (...) (22 years ago, 5-Apr-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: [rtlToronto] rtlToronto/beep1

(...) That's 1 hour for the qualifying round, and 1 minute for the competition... for the best sounding Robot (I guess) (...) Unless I'm mistaken, you would have gotten 1 hour, 18 minutes just before Iain's playtime theater (and perhaps a return of (...) (22 years ago, 5-Apr-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: I started work earlier today...

(...) and a cough...security/quasi-military guard...cough Ben... (22 years ago, 5-Apr-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Spoke too soon....

(...) I was going to be crass and make a comment about how I like my cows flexible. then I thought better of it and I just wont!! in lego news, I am building the paper folder. its HARD. I've got it so that a set of rollers move the paper along, and (...) (22 years ago, 5-Apr-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Spoke too soon....

"Gerard Steenbeek" <interdutch2000@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:HCu41r.1p3F@lugnet.com... (...) with (...) perfect (...) I'll have to look into this again, but that's not my understanding; the engineers from LELY explained how the machine (...) (22 years ago, 5-Apr-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: [rtlToronto] April Dinner, Friday April 11th, 2003

"Trevyn Watson" <4tee2@rogers.com> wrote in message news:HCuAtt.8Cy@lugnet.com... (...) No. (22 years ago, 5-Apr-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Look what Chris did

Does anyone have a two foot for longer level? We should definitely have one when we setup all these tables. Derek (22 years ago, 4-Apr-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Look what Chris did

The plans are accurate except in one respect: We decided the key feature of the height of the design was to place the underside of the module top (the plywood) as close to the tops of the legs as we could. (The modules actually rest on the skirt, (...) (22 years ago, 4-Apr-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Look what Chris did

(...) Here's what we did, I don't have any diagrams (maybe Derek can help here) but here's the best I can come up with: Basically, we took 1x10 (8ft) boards and ripped them in half on table saw. These made the "skirt" that the module sits on. Now, (...) (22 years ago, 4-Apr-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: [rtlToronto] April Dinner, Friday April 11th, 2003

(...) And it was broken the day I went. :( Hmm... do you think, if it hadn't been broken, and I had ridden on it, I would now say things like "KNITORO" "MEYOBOARD"? And would I post about my dreams? Like, last night, I had this dream where me and my (...) (22 years ago, 4-Apr-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Look what Chris did

Hey Calum, Do you have some sort of specs on your modifications to the Raycraft Module Legs(tm)? I'm going to try to beat my way thru the snow and get the rest of my mods built tomorrow, then next weekend I can do legs, then we'll see where we go (...) (22 years ago, 4-Apr-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Look what Chris did

(...) truth be told, if you were an outside observer this is VERY close to what happened that day. (22 years ago, 4-Apr-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Look what Chris did

(...) (January 20th, 2003 ~6:38AM, ChumCity lobby) Chris: So I got the window walker from Rob yesterday night... Calum: (to producer) ...and he said he was an attractive girl! Chris: ...and all you need to do is flip this switc...oh crap. (grinding) (...) (22 years ago, 4-Apr-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Look what Chris did

(...) what I found: (...) so THATS where that gear went. I was looking for it. I have a number of missing tooth gears to allow for some complex actions, I must have put that one in your robot by accident. Can I have it back please? Chris people who (...) (22 years ago, 4-Apr-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Look what Chris did

I finally took apart my window walker a couple nights ago and look what I found: (URL) wonder it didn't run so smooth. Thanks Chris! Actually, it may not have been Chris. When I was showing one of my friends several months ago, he put it in reverse (...) (22 years ago, 4-Apr-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Brickfest Pipe Racers

(...) No I don't want a contest that I'd actually do for 14. I want to spend time on Altenburg. Derek (22 years ago, 4-Apr-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Brickfest Pipe Racers

(...) ONE ROBOT: Get from one end to the other OR TWO ROBOTS: We have a symmetrical maze and start the robots out from both ends. The center is marked, and whoever is further into enemy territory wins. Goes from navigating treed pipes to sumo at the (...) (22 years ago, 4-Apr-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Brickfest Pipe Racers

(...) That's almost exactly what we want to do, except the inside the pipe part. Originally our plan was to use the inside of the pipe. But this sort of necessitates 4 or 6 inch diam pipe and needs to be transparent for people to enjoy the (...) (22 years ago, 4-Apr-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Brickfest Pipe Racers

(...) Well, I guess thats true. We've always maintained that we want to keep design challenges from being restricted to certain solutions or tilted in such a way you can't solve in multiple approaches. So 90 deg pipe racers alone is a valid contest, (...) (22 years ago, 4-Apr-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Brickfest Pipe Racers

(...) I also think that 'blind alleys' off a 't' or a 'y' junction should go about a foot or two and just stop abruptly, so if your 'bot wasn't smart enuf to go the 'right' way, it could just drop off the maze alltogether Dave K (22 years ago, 4-Apr-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Spoke too soon....

(...) Actually... All the milk produced is recorded by a computer and $75000 of electronics. The cows waer tags with a transponder inside. The milk parlour picks up the cows ID, and then records how much milk is produced. It can also alert the (...) (22 years ago, 4-Apr-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Brickfest Pipe Racers

(...) Electrical tape. Yup, seems good. If we liked, we could put two codes on the pipe: On say, the right hand half, we put essential signals (which direction to take) and on the left-hand side, we put more informative signals (like, 90 degree up (...) (22 years ago, 4-Apr-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Brickfest Pipe Racers

(...) I like it too! Now whats the object? To get from one end to the other as fast as possible? There certainly isn't much need for the RCX, but I suppose it would be nice to have the robot figure out which way to turn... Would the pipe maze be (...) (22 years ago, 4-Apr-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Spoke too soon....

(...) I love google (URL) do solar calculators have an off button? (22 years ago, 4-Apr-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Spoke too soon....

(...) He just might be, if he has the LELY Astronaut, another fine product from the Netherlands! I wrote a huge report after seeing the very first one in Canada with my dad (he used to work for the Ontario Ministry of Agriculture). It is the only (...) (22 years ago, 4-Apr-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Spoke too soon....

(...) your milking cows with a computer? oh, sorry, I mis read that. still waiting to be entertained! BTW were is your farm? Chris Why do solar calculators have an off button? (22 years ago, 4-Apr-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Spoke too soon....

Power went out and stayed out, milking cows on the generator. Powering this computer as well... grr... (22 years ago, 4-Apr-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: I started work earlier today...

the following ideas are dumb: (...) Chris BLAH (22 years ago, 4-Apr-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: I started work earlier today...

(...) I say we set up rtlTrain 4.5 at Chris's shop so he won't be so bored--he can watch the trains go rond and round all day :) Dave K -who wants to relieve Chris's boredom by suggesting cool wonderful tings like LEGO trains! (22 years ago, 4-Apr-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Brickfest Pipe Racers

(...) ...except if your robot is hanging upside down from the pipe, becuase it's all a matter of perception at that point. :) Iain (22 years ago, 4-Apr-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: did you take the day off work??

(...) Yeah, if it's like Marmaduke... lap, well, not so much... Dave K <snip> (22 years ago, 4-Apr-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: [rtlToronto] April Dinner, Friday April 11th, 2003

(...) Good to know! I thought it was something like that. HUSS has the suffix "Machinenfabrik" after their name which is pretty obviosuly the same thing. (...) I am dead serious, my body just twitched. These... pangs just like, shot through my (...) (22 years ago, 4-Apr-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Brickfest Pipe Racers

(...) I like it!!!! A LOT!!!!! not bad for a guy from hamilton. (do the mills still belch fire on days like this?) Chris (22 years ago, 4-Apr-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  RE: Brickfest Pipe Racers

(...) Hmm, what about something Iain could relate to: A roller coaster (with loop) that is INSIDE the pipe. Fastest bot through from start to finish wins. You can to do this with/without RCX. I suspect this is more of a mechanical problem. Have a (...) (22 years ago, 4-Apr-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: I started work earlier today...

your a farmer. C O O L !!!!! the list of professions at RTL really run the range. so from the cool file we have: a farmer a rocket scientist an industrial robot designer an artist various computer geeks A high level banker type RTL has the making (...) (22 years ago, 4-Apr-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: did you take the day off work??

(...) I Had the Keyboard part... it was the Mnitoro that was confusing me... Jeff VW The Dog is sleeping on my lap again... THANK GOD she IS a lap dog.... (...) (22 years ago, 4-Apr-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: [rtlToronto] April Dinner, Friday April 11th, 2003

"Iain Hendry" <ihendry@ventax.com> wrote (...) Didn`t realize dutch and german could be so much fun to type. Maybe because I`m Dutch... :P Machinebouw does not stand for Machinery though. Machinebouw means Machinerybuilding. A lot of the newer (...) (22 years ago, 4-Apr-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: did you take the day off work??

(...) I seriously just clapped. That was fabulous. "KNITORO AND MEYOBOARD" was an attempt at typing "Monitor and Keyboard", meaning, I banged my fist on both the monitor and keyboard, because I was laughing so hard. (...) You should have had doubts (...) (22 years ago, 4-Apr-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Brickfest Pipe Racers

(...) If we painted rings around the pipe before the junction--2 black stripes mean take left junction, 1 ring means take right junction... There's your code, your sensors, and your maze. Dave K (22 years ago, 4-Apr-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: did you take the day off work??

(...) I translated it into-- "I was laughing so hard that I knocked my computer--'death' (as in shame on you) to you for making me laugh so hard!!" Iain--one dapper dude who has a wonderful way of saying things... (...) I have doubts about all of (...) (22 years ago, 4-Apr-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  I started work earlier today...

Right now I work for my dad, i was going to get up at 6:30 AM, but he got me up at 5AM since we were losing electricity from time to time. And sure enough wjile working the power went out twice came back minutes later. So then I proceed to go (...) (22 years ago, 4-Apr-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: did you take the day off work??

In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, Iain Hendry writes: <snip> (...) The pilot and co-pilt of Airwolf from the television series Stringfellow Hawk--cool name... Dave K (22 years ago, 4-Apr-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Brickfest Pipe Racers

(...) Yeah, that wasmy guess was that because of the 90 deg turn, a robot would require intelligence to reconfig itself. If it can be done mechanically I suppose that would be really cool but hard. One of ideas posed was dealing with Ys. Another was (...) (22 years ago, 4-Apr-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: did you take the day off work??

(...) dave your right. sometimes when iain dose stuff like this I really have to stop what I'm doing and add all the missing words. for example: this. --------snip-------- DEATH!!!...!!! SCREAMED, BANGED KNITORO AND MEYOBOARD ---...---end---...--- (...) (22 years ago, 4-Apr-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: did you take the day off work??

(...) Every once in a while I think that Iain operates on a higher plane than the rest of us... It takes me a while to 'dumb down' and translate Iains posts so I can understand them. Keep posting Iain! Dave K (22 years ago, 4-Apr-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: did you take the day off work??

(...) A lot of the rides have bizzaire themes that I think are misinterpruted by the Europeans as to what North American life is like. There is for example a KMG/Tivoli "Remix" called Techno Power that has a backdrop of an American flag, a DJ giving (...) (22 years ago, 4-Apr-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: did you take the day off work??

(...) DEATH!!!...!!! SCREAMED, BANGED KNITORO AND MEYOBOARD (22 years ago, 4-Apr-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: did you take the day off work??

(...) You think that that would be an issue, but she does not seem to mind at all... Jeff VW (...) (22 years ago, 4-Apr-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Brickfest Pipe Racers

(...) Two words: "Sound. Element." Keep trying... I can't wait to watch all the little RCX entries fall off the pipe because the extra beep-monitoring task slows the processor down too much ;) Jeff E (22 years ago, 4-Apr-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: did you take the day off work??

(...) Do you know how hard it is to sleep when your bed keeps typing? Jeff E (22 years ago, 4-Apr-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: did you take the day off work??

Hey I can post again. :-) I tried replying to Iain's Airwolf post, and how disturbing it was to see Jan-Michael Vincent, and Ernest Borgnine on a fair ride. However after several tries I never received authorization messages for any of the posts. (...) (22 years ago, 4-Apr-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: did you take the day off work??

(...) I don't!!! (...) The lego room on the other hand I could use. Derek (22 years ago, 4-Apr-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: did you take the day off work??

(...) <snip> I want a dog!!! I can't wait 'til I get my own house--dog and my own lego room... Dave K -at work, listening to zepplin on Q107 (www.q107.com) and hungry... (22 years ago, 4-Apr-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: [rtlToronto] rtlToronto/beep1

(...) LOL!!!! Yes, I did NOT click on that link.... me bad.... :) 18 minutes?????? that's all you gave me??? :) yeah, I guess I made my point regarding studless beams enough times... I think I could take a page from Rob's thesis, and do my PhD on (...) (22 years ago, 4-Apr-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: did you take the day off work??

(...) :) Yep, I'm working from home today.... Really I am!!!! I just had my computer freeze up on me, and Lost about an Hours worth of work, so I'm having a Great Day!!! Jeff VW You know how hard it is to type with a dog sleeping on your lap with (...) (22 years ago, 4-Apr-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: [rtlToronto] rtlToronto/beep1

John, what are they feeding you in Europe??? dave says: (...) then John is confused about this and asks: (...) Yes, john, you did. the link that points to the contest rules regarding the game list a timetable and it says thus: (...) (22 years ago, 4-Apr-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: did you take the day off work??

(...) At work, and think I can fluff the day away... But so many folks who have nothing better to do with their time are now calling me up and saying, "Can you fix this or that..." Grr!!! My day of fluffage is looking not so good right now. It took (...) (22 years ago, 4-Apr-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Brickfest Pipe Racers

(...) Rob, Jeff E, and Derek have shown me that many of our games do not need the RCX. and to have a challenge that has your robot play a token beep to force inclusion of the RCX is lame. If Calum is so gung ho about pipe racers, AND needed the RCX (...) (22 years ago, 4-Apr-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: [rtlToronto] rtlToronto/beep1

(...) <snip> (...) Ok, back from Germany, and bought the new mini technic front end loader 8453. (URL) little set, it's amazing how small it is, yet still has 3 functions. Interesting build... really shows you how compact you can build mechanisms (...) (22 years ago, 4-Apr-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: [rtlToronto] April Dinner, Friday April 11th, 2003

(...) Yes, do note, as I didn't before and it was awkward. :) (My own fault, yes I know) (...) It is quite posh! For dapper folks such as ourselves. Please note that the clientelle at this Swiss Chalet may not apprecieate our colourful choice of (...) (22 years ago, 4-Apr-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Brickfest Pipe Racers

(...) Awesome! I'm really excited to see what people come up with for this, I'm assuming everyone has their own ideas and this is one of those contests that (at least, to me) seems like it has a lot of different ways of aproaching it. One thing I (...) (22 years ago, 4-Apr-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Brickfest Pipe Racers

(...) Yes. We probably will do it for rtlToronto15 or rtlToronot16, early fall of 2003. Defintely. And of course, we'll always bring PipeRacer entries and race them for you at BW in proxy. I'm thinking we should do 90 deg pipes. I'm concerned 45 deg (...) (22 years ago, 4-Apr-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  [rtlToronto] April Dinner, Friday April 11th, 2003

Hello, rtlToronto April Dinner Friday, April 11th, 2003, 7PM (Note Later Time) Swiss Chalet 5487 Dundas Street West Etobicoke ON M9B 1B5 Note this is a NEW Swiss Chalet instead of the usual one with water damage and directors of Lego walking in. (...) (22 years ago, 4-Apr-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: did you take the day off work??

(...) While I am neither Dave or JeffVW, bad weather typically hits us harder out here because in the country a lot of the routes don't get ploughed or heavily traveled! You lucky ducks in Toronto have the benefit of at least high traffic flow and (...) (22 years ago, 4-Apr-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  did you take the day off work??

Dave, Jeff W, a few days ago during a small light snow fall you both droned on and on about how you live 3 min away from work, but it took you 8 hours to drive in. Due to the snow. so, with the road being the way they are; did you guys even go to (...) (22 years ago, 4-Apr-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact