 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 7059
Re: rtlToronto15: Pipe Racers-Feasibility?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Tue, 8 Apr 2003 13:46:58 GMT

In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, Chris Magno writes:
This made me laugh my butt off!!!!  I'm flattered that you might think Project X is
much more difficult than Thermodynamic, and PayPay in Canada.  I will not speak
about #3 cause it makes me SICK!  (lets not go there)

Well, PayPal in Canada is a real PITA.  310F was basically bringing every
photocopy, note etc into the open book exam and writing every equation down
so the TA would be merciful.

And since I've already spoken to you about the politics of America, we'll
leave number three out of this.

If you could get your hands on a real T joint, would the maze look more like a
"borg cube??"  this was my vision from the start.

I had envisioned a cube too.  But people wanted 45's instead of 90's.  So
the thing can't really be a cube.  It's also limited by the number of pipes,
joints and most importantly, supports, available.

I think it can be done.

Good.  I'm waiting for folks like Bruce, Rob, Derek, Ivan, John, etc to
chime in.

Calum if T's exist than would you think this game is easier?

I don't think a straight 90 deg T is any better than a Y.  You still have
the mechanical problem of trying to release one while grabbing another.
Plus it's not a commonly available part, which is required for rtlToronto
contests.

Calum