 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 7057
Re: rtlToronto15: Pipe Racers-Feasibility?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Tue, 8 Apr 2003 13:21:03 GMT

In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, Chris Magno writes:

If you could get your hands on a real T joint, would the maze look more like a
"borg cube??"  this was my vision from the start.

That would look awesome!  I had kind of "visualised" a more cubish design, too.

I think it can be done.

Than again I've managed to enter EVERY contest since the inception of rtlToronto.
I guess that makes me a better robot designer then "others" who could not compete
in Project X, or bridge building, or king of the hill.

That's probably aimed at me - and I realize that I really should STFU as I
haven't entered anything since what, like, Guelph?  :(

despite what Iain says about just 45's and 90's, all you have then is just a line.
any good battery box can navigate a straight path.

Well, yeah, that's sort of what I thought.  I figured maybe this could be
more of a mechanical challenge than a programming one.  But I shouldn't say
that, because I don't know what everyone else wants.

(I have found that at work that I am more likely to say (in my head, anyway)
"hmm, that won't work" than I will "that's an excellent idea, and I love
your concept."  That makes me sad because it makes me realize how inherently
pessimistic I must seem.  :(  I supose the correct attitude would be "I like
your idea, but I think this and this might make it even better.")

    Iain