 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 7065
Re: rtlToronto15: Pipe Racers-Feasibility?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Tue, 8 Apr 2003 15:04:24 GMT

Well, PayPal in Canada is a real PITA.

Really? I’m of quite the opposite opinion actually – in the past year and a
half that I’ve been using PayPal I haven’t experienced or noticed any
problems what-so-ever. That includes sending, receiving, and even
transferring funds to my regular bank account. Sure the fees are a bit
higher, but only by 0.5%

Ummm Pita… I’m getting hungry now!

Good.  I'm waiting for folks like Bruce, Rob, Derek, Ivan, John, etc to
chime in.

Well, as usual, I’ll be cool with what ever you guys come up with – I don’t
think it makes *that* much difference. There is one concern I have though
and that’s with 90* turns. Don’t you think those are INFINITELY harder to
navigate than 45* and even 60*? Sure it’s part of the challenge, but I don’t
suppose we want to make virtually impossible for less-mechanically-oriented
types (i.e. me).
A scenario I envision is a bot completely missing the turn and falling off
the pipe - in itself very joyful and exciting, but doesn’t score too many
points. Or another possibility is a wheel getting stuck in the inside corner
of the turn with the wheel on the outside not being able to swing itself
around the corner (this one goes for the T-junctions as well).
Nothing unsolvable with a bunch of sensors and a dif driving the opposite
wheels, but not like going through a Y-joint isn’t hard on its own.

Anywho, that’s my “chime” for ya

Ivan
- There are 10 types of people in the world. Those who understand binary,
and those who don’t.