 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 7071
Re: rtlToronto15: Pipe Racers-Feasibility?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Tue, 8 Apr 2003 15:57:26 GMT

In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, Steve Hassenplug writes:
My first question: Do you want this to be a typical rtlToronto event, or
should it be made 'easier' for Brickfest?

Well, in terms of rtlToronto, this will be a hard event.

Yes, it should be.

I don't think it needs to be easier for BrickFest.  I bet there are piles of
good robot builders out there who will be at or will make the trip to
BrickFest and rise to the challenge, just like up here in the Great White
North.  Plus, there will be other contests at BrickFest which may be more to
someone's liking if they don't like Pipe Racers.

Well, last year, there were only 3 robots in the "hard" Creavasse Crossing
event.  (1 from Toronto)

Do you expect more if the event is even harder?

Yup.  That's what had envisioned too.  So now you're pulling probably four
motors, two RCXes, etc.  And it has to agile enough to work in 1 foot
segments of pipe.

So, it would be limited to ONLY people with more than one RCX.  :(

Given that the whole Toronto group will not be attending Brickfest, my
suggestion would be to tone it down, and then run the full "Y" version at rtl15.

Okay, so, what you're proposing is we do Pipe Racers v1 with say, only 45
and 90's at BrickFest, and Pipe Racers v2 with Y's in Toronto?

Yes, I'd say, given that the Toronto event will take place after Brickfest,
make it harder by adding "y"s  (or make Brickfest easier)

For Brickfest, I'd suggest making the rules so anyone can enter, but really
only the best can win.  For rtlToronto, only the best can even enter...