 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 7060
Re: rtlToronto15: Pipe Racers-Feasibility?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Tue, 8 Apr 2003 13:55:43 GMT

Hey folks,

One of the concerns I've heard about rtl15: Pipe Racers and it's predecessor
event at BrickFest 2003, is that it may be too difficult to traverse a Y joint.

My first question: Do you want this to be a typical rtlToronto event, or
should it be made 'easier' for Brickfest?

Can it be done?  Should it be just 45 and 90 degs?

To really think about how difficult it is, I've been thinking about how to
actually solve this.

An easy design would have 1 motor to drive forward/backward, a second motor
would turn the robot on the pipe (to line the 'opening part' with the bad Y)
and a motor to open the 'front', then another motor to open the 'back'.  For
that design, four motor outputs are required.

Given that the whole Toronto group will not be attending Brickfest, my
suggestion would be to tone it down, and then run the full "Y" version at rtl15.

Steve