 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 7045
Re: rtlToronto: Lego Sorting Survey
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Mon, 7 Apr 2003 17:41:35 GMT

So I've finally got around to answering the Sorting Survey.

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/derek/collection/dsc04432.jpg

Yellow and white vegetable bins:  Left column 2x4, center column 2x2 and
2x3 mixed, right column 2x >4.  Blue trays contain plates, left to right
1x8 colour, 1x8 gray scale, 1x3 colour, 1x3 grey scale, 1x6 colour, 1x6
gray scale, 1x4 black and white, 1x4 gray and dark gray, 1x4 colour.

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/derek/collection/dsc04434.jpg

Tower of draws, top module 1x2 plates sorted by colour, next two modules
down misc. small parts like 1x1 with clips, handles and other small
things. Bottom three modules are all small technic parts.  Glad
containers for a variety of parts too large or too plentiful for drawers.

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/derek/collection/dsc04437.jpg

Blue bins, 2xN plates sub sorted by colour depending on numbers.  Ie 2x4
are sorted into red-yellow, blue-green, black, white-gray-dark gray and
remaining.  Also technic beams 1x2s -> 1x14s, sub sorted into colours
and grays where numbers require.  Blue 1x10 plates, 2x2 corners in
colour and grays.  (And yes those are pink 2x8s in the top right bin.)

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/derek/collection/dsc04438.jpg

Blue/purple/red tubs.  You can almost read the labels.  :-)  Inside the
tubs the parts are sub sorted by colour in zip lock bags.  Like you I
have no idea what's in the bins without labels. :-)

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/derek/collection/dsc04439.jpg

Other tubs, here we have 1x1, 1x2, 1x3 sorted by colour.  Rarer colours
like gray and black also have bins for 1x4 and higher here as well.
Very rare colours like brown and dark gray have one bin with everything
in it.  Also there are bins for 2x2 cylinders, 1x1 gray scale plates
(fault of 2 mosaic sets) 16 long technic beams, printed bricks, technic
lift arm's, archs, three bins of mini figs (not full, just sorted by
Star Wars, space/castle, and town, and a bunch of other stuff.  The
plano boxs at the side have pneumatic parts and minifig accessories.

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/derek/collection/dsc04441.jpg

Wall of ziplock bags.  This is were parts that are used reasonably often
but don't fit anywhere else go.  (Or so the theory goes)  The left
column is mostly odd shaped plates.  The next one is windows, doors and
plants, then is odds and sods and more technic lift arms and the final
one is more odds and sods.

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/derek/collection/dsc04442.jpg

And finally an overview of the display shelfs.

Derek