 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 6796
Re: rtlToronto: Lego Sorting Survey
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Sat, 22 Mar 2003 16:15:07 GMT

At dinner tonight, Jeremy asked where to get bins to sort with, and Chris
suggested everyone in the group list how they sort.

So:

Plano Box Small Model 3600 (Walmart ~$4):
Mindstorms: Axles
Mindstorms: Beams
Town: Minifigure Accessories
Town: 1x1 Rounds, Lights

Plano Box Large Model 5324 (Walmart ~$6):
Mindstorms: Motors, Sensors, Rounded Beams
Mindstorms: Gears, Bushings, Pins
Normal Slopes
Inverted Slopes
Town: Car Doors, Steering Wheels, Windshields

4107/3033 Buckets:
1xN Bricks, Basic Colours
2XN Bricks, Basic Colours
Unsorted Items

NesTierOK Stackable Bins (Nortel TechOps Dept):
Green Bricks
Grey Bricks
Tan Bricks
Space: Wings
1xN Plates, All Colours
2xN Plates, All Colours
4xN, 6xN and 8xN Plates, All Colours
Unsorted Items
Train Cars

Calum

http://sparky.i989.net/images/lego/p006846.jpg

Rubbermaid see-thru stackable for all varied
bin for
- transparent pcs
- slopes
- tires
- hinged/turntable/lego pcs consisting of more than 1 lego pc
- plates
- BURPS, larger pcs
smaller see thru containers
- minifigs
- labelled pcs
- misc
Rubbermaid large containers consisting of
- all basic bricks--1xN, 2xN, etc.

What you don't see in the pic are the two toolboxes full of technic--
using plano storage units to sort all technic pcs

3033 bins
- monorail track
- monorail supports
- all broken pcs (yes I keep 'em....)

Now I'm using smaller LEGO containers, as well as empty plastic ice cream
containers to sort basic colours into specific sizes when needed--
all red pcs sorted out into 1xN, 2x2, 2x3, 2x4, etc...
some grey pcs sorted out as above--not done yet
as well as sorting out specific coloured plates--red plates, yellow plates
and black plates all sorted out

I'm trying to get it into a cohesive state so I can take a pic of my entire
LEGO collection...

Dave K