 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 6797
Re: ...I almost peed! (Or: VIDEO of the most amazing thing ever)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Sun, 23 Mar 2003 01:45:42 GMT
Highlighted:
! (details)

In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, Iain Hendry writes:

http://www.coasters2k.com/misc/Stelron.mpg

So I gave it a shot.  Here's the initial results...

http://members.rogers.com/militaryduckjock/temp/RWBTest01.mpg

I'm still having massive timing issues.  I had the cams set up originally to
do a double-tap on each pallet slide (two cams on the same shaft, offset 90
degrees, so it presses, releases a bit, presses again), but the pins
wouldn't retract in time (had like, 1/4 a plate interference) and I can't
optimize the timing anymore because of geometry and limitations in mounting
the cams only offset 90 degrees out of phase.

Then, sometimes, a pallet won't get tapped far enough into position, the
next pin comes along to shift it the other direction, and wham, the entire
thing explodes and it takes me half an hour to re-time everything and align
all the driveshaft gear teeth to be perfect.  So I can only kind of run it
slowly until I get this thing running a lot better.

    Iain