 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 6758
Re: ...I almost peed! (Or: VIDEO of the most amazing thing ever)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Wed, 19 Mar 2003 15:43:58 GMT

programming challenge is project X.
Everything else is 95% mechanics, 5% programming. Don't get me wrong, I like
mechanics, but I would like to see things a bit more balanced.

Rob, you should have been at the post game dinner to add your voice to
the fray.  the runner up idea for the next game was "connect four"

we buy the official game as seen here

http://images.amazon.com/images/P/B00000IWI1.01.LZZZZZZZ.gif

and the goal was to build a robot that would play against another robot
in the connect four game.

think about that.  how do you build a lego robot that can scan the board
for new pieces, then have smarts to play a stratgy, then have the
dexterity to place the piece.  AND then back away to allow for the other
robot to take its turn. oh, and send some sort of signal to tell the
other robot its his turn.

that; as a game, would have been harder than project X.

BUT the majority spoke and we will next play in rice.  how the heck can
someone build a robot that wont get gummed up in uncooked rice??  how do
you sort the bircks from the rice.  wont the bricks, once found, be full
of gumming rice.

can you throw bad bricks onto an opponets side?  can you steal good
bricks from an opponent?  this is going to be fun.

Chris

Why do solar calculators have an off button?