 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 6757
Re: ...I almost peed! (Or: VIDEO of the most amazing thing ever)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Wed, 19 Mar 2003 15:37:02 GMT

In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, Chris Magno writes:

I looked at that video, as did bruce.  I enjoyed watching the little
pallets move around. it was neat.  BUT as we have discussed before, what
I might enjoy in robotics is not what you enjoy.

do you remember how I sent you the link to those self-reconfigurable
robot..

http://www2.parc.com/spl/projects/modrobots/chain/polybot/

( all -- you might have to do some drilling but if you have the time the
sight is well worth the read.  )

Iain, I thought you would freak out over that sight....  yet all you
said was "eh"   you then proceeded to explain that you liked big
industrial robots, and we agreed that people, like fish, can like
different things.

You have a good point, I supose I just get terribly overexcited about
machinery and things in general.

ie, http://www.canadas-wonderland.com/i/assets/newslgcon2.jpg

See, this is going to be (to me) the most incredibly mechanical ride on
Earth.  The weldments...  the weldments are soooooo good.

I can't say "I can understand how people wouldn't find it interesting"
because I can't see someone looking at it and going "That's stupid" or
whatever.  :)

But then I think knitting is boring and stupid.  As well as whipping eggs.

alt.egg-whip

    Iain

PS - those little robots are pretty stupid.  :P