 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 6754
Re: ...I almost peed! (Or: VIDEO of the most amazing thing ever)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Wed, 19 Mar 2003 15:20:43 GMT

In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, Iain Hendry writes:

Wow!  Someone actually cared!  :)  It's amazing machinery eh?  It's
refreshing to see stuff like this after seeing servo and pneumatic systems
so often.  That is not to say I don't gush every time I see a SCARA flying
about doing it's thing.

(I guess I'm just surprised that for a group that's so mechanically
oriented, no one else bothered to check this out...)

I care! Check your email :)
I think you're right that our group is very mechanically minded. I was
thinking about all of the previous robot competitions we have had, and the
only one that really stands out as a programming challenge is project X.
Everything else is 95% mechanics, 5% programming. Don't get me wrong, I like
mechanics, but I would like to see things a bit more balanced.

Rob