 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 6964
Re: Brickfest Pipe Racers
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Fri, 4 Apr 2003 15:04:23 GMT

Yes.  We probably will do it for rtlToronto15 or rtlToronot16, early fall of
2003.  Defintely.  And of course, we'll always bring PipeRacer entries and
race them for you at BW in proxy.  I'm thinking we should do 90 deg pipes.
I'm concerned 45 deg joints are too easy to do with a battery box only setup.

Awesome!

I'm really excited to see what people come up with for this, I'm assuming
everyone has their own ideas and this is one of those contests that (at
least, to me) seems like it has a lot of different ways of aproaching it.

One thing I would coment on is that if you are concerned about battery box
entries, that suggests you'd like to see some form of intelligence required
in the robot;  that would then suggest that simply driving along is not what
you'd like to see, and if that's the case, that means you are suggesting
that the robots will have to reconfigure themselves to navigate curves?

I would think that through good mechanical design a robot that simply drives
forward with a battery box would have no problems navigating a 90 degree
sharp bend even.

The vertical climbs excite me.

    Iain