 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 6991
RE: Brickfest Pipe Racers
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Fri, 4 Apr 2003 18:42:30 GMT

One of ideas posed was dealing with Ys.  Another was to do a task somewhere
on the path that requires intelligence.  This is why I'm asking--what would
we do that requires more than just a battery box design.

Hmm, what about something Iain could relate to:

  A roller coaster (with loop) that is INSIDE the pipe. Fastest bot through from
  start to finish wins.

You can to do this with/without RCX. I suspect this is more of a mechanical
problem.

Have a number of uphill climbs, downhills, left and right turns, and a
full loop to make it challenging.

Also remember to put "cleanout" points in the pipe to help remove stuck bots.

Depending on the cost, I'll help sponsor the materials for this...

And when Rob makes a bot with a battery box and a wheel that beats everyone
we can move on to requiring smarts.

Ralph