 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 7031
Re: Extreme Creatures 9732 @ The Bay
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Sun, 6 Apr 2003 12:28:20 GMT

In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, Iain Hendry writes:
You missed something, I put my hand in a half-eaten bread product that was
stuck behind one of the sets.  I almost fell over I was laughing so hard.

Yorkdale makes me angry when it's that busy.  ARGH.

You know, that was probably one of the worst kept Lego/toy sections I've
ever seen.  I am convinced the Bay is getting out of toys.

It's actually even a bit simpler than that, if you just connect the port on
the top of the Fibre Optic unit to a sensor and configure it in RAW, you can
see the state changes either 8 or 16 times per revolution (can't remember),
but it's also 2-state so you have no sense of direction.

Wow.  I never knew that!  I think it's safe to say every piece has a use.*
One of the things that amazed the hell out of me was a omnidirectional
castor that Matt Jetleb made out of a Lego Soccer ball.

Calum
* - Does not include Galidor, Belville, and certain other truly useless
categories.

Truly useless??

It's LEGO, and if it's LEGO, it's all good...

There was that competition in .space a while back where they took the
"worst" space LEGO pieces, like the rowboat, and the palm leaf, and built
them into a spaceship...

Was very entertaining...

Specifically for rtlToronto (that's robots, TRAINS, LEGO....)

I now have 12 modules done.

I also have a new Delta cordless drill, but that's neither here nor there...

Next weekend I start on the legs.

I'll peruse Raycraft Specs(tm) modified by Tsang Specs(tm) and see what I
come up with.

Someone wnated their very own module...

I have 1 or 2 extra for whomever wants them.

Dave K