 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 7037
Re: Extreme Creatures 9732 @ The Bay
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Sun, 6 Apr 2003 22:00:30 GMT

Unfotunately, there were none at my local Bay Store.  I did, however pick
up a Women's team for 4.99 and 2 Ogel Strikers for 2.99 each.  These will go
into my bricklink shop.

Its funny with the Bay.  You can definitely tell that Toys aren't one of
its strengths, but I don't think that a big outfit like HBC will miss out
on selling products to younger consumers (where will the children go, whilst
their parents are shopping for ... overpriced ... clothing?).  There is
almost never any advertised sales which is good because unlike clearances
at places like (evil) Walmart, where inventory is quickly sold, places like
the Bay have slower reductions, and tend to have stock available at the same
or lower than Walmart.  (However, this is at Clearance Level, at the MSRP
level, the Bay is pretty high-end, but not as bad as SEARS, which, IMO
tends to overprice their items.

Thanks for your initial post.  I wouldn't have ventured into the BAY if
there was no notice.

Now I slowly wait for Zellers BOGOHP sale, which they tend to have in the
spring.

Cheers,

Ben

In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, Wayne Young writes:
FYI, The Bay is selling the Extreme Creatures set (9732) at $25. Various
stickers on the box indicate that it started at 75, was marked down to
65, and then 45, but it shows up on the register at 25. Note that there
was no indication that the set is actually selling for 25, so ymmv. This
was at the Yonge & Queen Street location, and I recall hearing on the
radio that The Bay is having some kind of sale this weekend. Again, ymmv.

My wife says there were at least 4 or 5 more sets at the downtown Yonge &
Queen Street location (I wasn't actually there to see this).

Regards,
Wayne
(who is scratching his head wondering how he would ever use the optic
parts in a robot)