 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 6968
Re: did you take the day off work??
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Fri, 4 Apr 2003 15:37:14 GMT

In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, Chris Magno writes:

Dave, Jeff W,

a few days ago during a small light snow fall you both droned on and on
about how you live 3 min away from work, but it took you 8 hours to
drive in.  Due to the snow.

so, with the road being the way they are; did you guys even go to work
today?

cause I'm here at work (the hero) and I'm thinking this would have been
a good day to bring my lego and build  a paper folder.  (no i have not
forgotten)

so, are you two lucky stiffs staying home???

Chris
its going to be a LONG day and a even longer ride home; so you guy
better post to keep me entertained.

quick live shot of toronto.
http://www.city.toronto.on.ca/rescu/loc18.htm

So here's me

At work, and think I can fluff the day away...

But so many folks who have nothing better to do with their time are now
calling me up and saying, "Can you fix this or that..."

Grr!!!

My day of fluffage is looking not so good right now.

It took me 30 min to get here today, btw

(that's after I scraped the inch of ice off my windshield...)

So here's a story...

My alarm clock goes off at 7:30 this morning.  I turn it off and fall back
into bed and snooze for a bit...

THen I have this dream...

That I get to work, take my coat off, and start talking to my fellow IS
staffers...

Scott (a fellow IS staffer) says, "Hey Dave, you're just wearing your skivvies!"

I look down and see me wearing a t-shirt and my boxers...

I say "This better be a dream!  THis better be a dream!  Wake up Now!!"

And then I sit bolt upright in bed, heart pounding...

Phew!  Was just a dream...

Then I try to get out of the house--side door frozen shut with a foot of
snow in front of it, so I had to walk thru the other tenant's place and out
the back door...

THen shovel...

Then scrape the windows...

THen drive thru snow, sleet, ice, and bad drivers to get to work...

Yeah, should have stayed scantily clad in my dreams, would have been better

Dave K