 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 6979
Re: did you take the day off work??
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Fri, 4 Apr 2003 18:07:55 GMT

In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, Derek Raycraft writes:

I tried replying to Iain's Airwolf post, and how disturbing it was to
see Jan-Michael Vincent, and Ernest Borgnine on a fair ride.  However
after several tries I never received authorization messages for any of
the posts.

The theming on that ride is just bizarre.  What could it possibly have
to do with Airwolf.  Cool ride though, and awesome lego model of the ride.

A lot of the rides have bizzaire themes that I think are misinterpruted by
the Europeans as to what North American life is like.  There is for example
a KMG/Tivoli "Remix" called Techno Power that has a backdrop of an American
flag, a DJ giving the finger with both hands, and a signifigant amount of
Bling-Bling strewn about.  And of course the KMG Afterburner "Extreme" that
has the backdrop of the naked motorcyclist and his girlfriend, while
enjoying the company of a Doberman Pincer.

The best looking Topscan is probably Skater, it has a nice backdrop.

All 3 of the Infernos are *fantastic* looking, Nightfly takes the best
though because it is seriously just coated in lights.  New Comer looks great
too because it has a space theme and I'm all about the fonts on that (random
numbers and such put all over it to make it look spaceship-like).

You don't see a lot of backdrops on the rides at fairs in North America.  I
don't know why!

And I have no idea who Jan-Michael Vincent, and Ernest Borgnine are!  :)

    Iain