 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 6961
Re: did you take the day off work??
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Fri, 4 Apr 2003 14:39:47 GMT

In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, Chris Magno writes:

so, are you two lucky stiffs staying home???

While I am neither Dave or JeffVW, bad weather typically hits us harder out
here because in the country a lot of the routes don't get ploughed or
heavily traveled!  You lucky ducks in Toronto have the benefit of at least
high traffic flow and that alone can often help clear away enough snow and
ice to make tracks in the roads.   I took 401 today (a bit longer a route),
figuring that at least it would be cleared off, but even at that there was
no definition of lanes and everyone was skidding all over.

As I went over the bridge at Hwy 97 passing again over 401 on my way into
Ayr, traffic was at a complete standstill Westbound;  I checked the radio
and aparently an accident at exit 250 (Innerkip/Drumbo) was causing the
block up, and that's *18 kilometres* down the road.  Insane.

There are maybe 8 or 9 of us here so far at the 'tax*, I think (out of about
20 usually), and I am hearing other people on the phones talking to our
co-workers saying how bad the drive was and "good luck" and so forth.

its going to be a LONG day and a even longer ride home; so you guy
better post to keep me entertained.

Ditto!

    Iain

*-That didn't work.  I'm never calling it that again.