 Off-Topic / Debate / 15081
Re: gay by birth vs. gay by choice
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Tue, 4 Dec 2001 23:31:32 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Kirby Warden writes:
Leviticus 20:9

"For every one that curseth his father or his mother shall be surely put to
death: he hath cursed his father or his mother; his blood shall be upon him."

This has what to do with homosexuality?

1Corinthians 6:9

"Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be
not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor
effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind"

Not all gays are effeminate. This is one of the stereotypes perpetuated by
hollywood, that all gays run around wearing pink and yelling "FABULOUSSSSSSS!"

In any case, where does that leave Butch lesbians? Or how about effeminate
heterosexuals? :^)

Romans 1:26-27

"1:26  For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their
women did change the natural use into that which is against nature:
1:27  And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman,
burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is
unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which
was meet."

Ummm, well this seems to be the only verse that's specifically against
homosexual sex.

Seems like a pretty vague pile of verses in any case.

~Grand Admiral Muffin Head
--
Mark's Lego Creations
http://www.nwlink.com/~sandlin/lego/