 Off-Topic / Debate / 15055
Re: gay by birth vs. gay by choice
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Tue, 4 Dec 2001 14:15:26 GMT

Kirby Warden wrote:

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Kirby Warden writes:

The research i've done shows that a gay scientist found evidence of a gay
gene, but no one has been able to duplicate his results.

How many attempts have been made to corroborate his findings?

he has done it three times himself and succeeded while at least two others
have tried and failed.

Hmm... that leads me to think that he might be baising his data someway
(willingly or unwillingly).

In scientific research, that is a very serious thing.

I don't know about "very serious" such findings are a part of the scientific
process.

When it comes to researhing genetic behavior, especially one of controversy,
care should be taken not to give false hope, or insight unecessary angst.

i've done significanct research into Christianity and have found that the
discovery of gay gene would have serious repercussions throughout society.

care to share some of this research?  i'm curious, I'm not trying to
bait you.

-chris