 Off-Topic / Debate / 15059
Re: gay by birth vs. gay by choice
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Tue, 4 Dec 2001 17:36:49 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Kirby Warden writes:
If science can prove that a gay gene exists, then the Bible has also been
proven falacious.

I'm really curious, because I just don't see how. Does the Bible say
"Gayness is by choice"? Does it say "Gayness is not genetic"? Just because
someone is genetically predisposed to sinning, does that absolve them from
the guilt of the sin? Aren't we genetically engineered as men to be
attracted to women, even if we're married? So what? Why can't Christianity
just say "the URGE isn't a sin, but the ACTING on the urge is the sin".
Which isn't quite to say that the act is the subject of judgement, but that
if the person WOULD act on their "sinful urge" that they'd be judged as a
sinner. I just don't understand how being gay by genetics affects
Christianity in the least...

DaveE