 Off-Topic / Debate / 15065
Re: gay by birth vs. gay by choice... who cares!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Tue, 4 Dec 2001 19:02:18 GMT

What does it really matter? If people are happy that is a good thing.

I advise all homophobes to take the "Gay-O-Meter" test, and tell us the
results:
http://www.channel4.com/plus/metrosexuality/

First of all, IMO, Channel 4 holds no credibility anyway, so a test by them
is more luducrious.  Having taken the test, I found it very interesting, and
self defeating, that you must chose your sexual orientation prior to taking
the test.  I took the test as gay and as straight.  As gay - 58% gay.  As
straight 42% gay.

I found the questions asked to be inane in most cases.

But, after that little time killer,

It is by birth, it is genetic.  It is not nutured.  It is not a choice.
There were studies done about 10 years ago of twins and their sexual
orientations.  The study included sets of twins who had been separated at
birth or in their early youth.  In 99% of the cases, each of the twins was
of the same sexual orientation (either gay or straight).  The study included
sets of twins, male and female, of various ethic backgrounds.  If I find a
link to the study I will post it.