 Off-Topic / Debate / 15051
Re: gay by birth vs. gay by choice
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Tue, 4 Dec 2001 09:08:32 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Fredrik Glöckner writes:
"Kirby Warden" <inourimage@msn.com> writes:

Proving that the gay gene exists is a very serious matter.  If it
does exist, then over 4,000 yrs. of religious doctrine must be
either changed or simply buried.

Are you implying that possibly apart from the gay gene question, the
4,000 years of religious doctrine is _correct_?

Most Christians believe the Bible is indeed correct.

Should someone prove
the "gay gene" theory, then we would _finally_ have one case of the
doctrine being incorrect?

I'm not sure how this question is intended to be read.

Whatever do you mean by "4,000 years of religious doctrine", BTW?  Are
you refering to the Bible, the Koran, or other religious sources?

Fredrik

Sorry, everywhere else I've specified Christian religion, since I am most
familiar with it.  Also, i'm sure other religions may be included as well,
however, the Christian doctrine is by far the most influential.