 Off-Topic / Debate / 15042
Re: gay by birth vs. gay by choice
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Tue, 4 Dec 2001 04:32:54 GMT

in article Gns8LM.n0v@lugnet.com, Kirby Warden at inourimage@msn.com wrote
on 12/3/01 1:24 PM:

Proving that the gay gene exists is a very serious matter.  If it does
exist, then over 4,000 yrs. of religious doctrine must be either changed or
simply buried.

Why?

If it were to be proven that the tendency to commit adultery or fornication
were genetically programmed (not that hard to imagine, really), what would
be changed, or even NEED to be changed, in doctrine?

Just because we have a tendency toward something does not make it morally
accaptable.

Seems to me a good part of humanity has a tendency toward revenge.  Would
you claim that this was morally accaptable if you found a gene controlling
such behavior?

Rob