 Off-Topic / Debate / *25931 (-100)
  Re: New poll: sexuality and Lugnet

(...) Isn't that pretty much exactly what you did to be WRT universal bisexuality? As a note, John, you have called me an idiot and stupid a number of times over the past few months and while I consider it crass, I let it go each time because I hope (...) (20 years ago, 20-Sep-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: Driver humiliated by Texas judge

Neat, welcome ot .o-t.d, Tim :-) (...) That's a pretty big "if." There are three parts of this issues that seem noteworthy to me. First, modern disciplinary thought (well, not all of it, but the good stuff) suggests that punishment supplants the (...) (20 years ago, 20-Sep-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Lavender Brick Society

(...) Maybe we should get rid of the Clikits and Primo groups, too, since they go mostly unused. And keep your eye on Quatro and Galidor--they're both ripe for culling, by this use-it-or-lose-it criterion. Dave! (20 years ago, 20-Sep-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: human sexuality

(...) Are you saying that you're a closeted Admin some of the time? How long will you persist in this dual life? Dave! (20 years ago, 20-Sep-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: Lavender Brick Society

(...) In the Western world, Victorian prudishness is the primary closeting force. But before I answer further, can you give me an ironclad reason why sexual acts must be private? And I caution you against such moral relativism as "society has (...) (20 years ago, 20-Sep-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: human sexuality

(I'm at a client, so it's a hassle to switch identities, but I'm wearing my Admin hat in this post) This post is not just directed at Chris. (...) To clarify. we did not censor anyone, nor did we wish to. LUGNET does not practice censorship. I (...) (20 years ago, 20-Sep-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: Lavender Brick Society

(...) <giggle> Seriously? I'm pretty sure you've read this thread...right? So, how can you say that you're not obsessed in exactly the way you're claiming not to be? _You're_ the the one raising the stink...not the LGB folks. Chris (20 years ago, 20-Sep-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Lavender Brick Society

(...) Whether you're wrong or right, what does it matter? Are you actually offended by the sexual acts that these two men might perform? Is that actually even what this is about or is this a dead end? If it really is the point, do those same acts (...) (20 years ago, 20-Sep-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  human sexuality

John, I know my views are in the minority. I'm not sure what made you think that I didn't know that. (How could I not?) That doesn't make them wrong. There have been a great many people through history who had unpopular ideas that are now widely (...) (20 years ago, 20-Sep-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: Lavender Brick Society

(...) I'm a heterosexual. I'm not repulsed by seeing homosexual intercourse. I'm not turned on by it either. It just doesn't mean anything to me, probably because my particular religious upbringing never told me what I was supposed to think about (...) (20 years ago, 20-Sep-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: Lavender Brick Society

(...) There was a time when being left-handed was looked down upon. Great lengths were taken in schools to get kids to go against their nature and many were forced into writing with the right hand. Of course, society is much more grown up about this (...) (20 years ago, 20-Sep-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: Lavender Brick Society

(...) What's so interesting is that about the same percentage of the population is gay as is left-handed.... (just not the same percentages:-) JOHN (20 years ago, 20-Sep-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: New poll: sexuality and Lugnet

(...) Dude, the abusive husband is just a friend of my friend, I swear! ;-) JOHN (20 years ago, 20-Sep-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: New poll: sexuality and Lugnet

(...) John, are you subliminally thinking of turning lesbian? Come on, fess up buddy. (20 years ago, 20-Sep-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: Lavender Brick Society

(...) Well didn't you know that all left-handed people are gay? (20 years ago, 20-Sep-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: New poll: sexuality and Lugnet

(...) Er, the women turned to lesbianism, not the abusive husband:-/ :-) (20 years ago, 20-Sep-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: Lavender Brick Society

(...) Erm, sorry, I missed that flick. (...) (shrugs) They are bi? :-) I find this topic very confusing and very inconsistent, because there always seems to be exceptions, but in doing a little googling, I just found (URL) this article> which drew (...) (20 years ago, 20-Sep-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: New poll: sexuality and Lugnet

(...) Ahem, no:-) The example I had in mind was actually a heterosexual women who had an abusive husband who then turned to lesbianism. JOHN (20 years ago, 20-Sep-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: Lavender Brick Society

(...) Someone who's bisexual in prison isn't necessarily also bisexual outside of prison. BTW, in Kiss of the Spider Woman, do you consider the kiss between Luis and Valentin to be one of a bisexual nature or just brotherly love? I don't think the (...) (20 years ago, 20-Sep-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: New poll: sexuality and Lugnet

(...) Yes, for purposes of this discussion, GLBT. Gay is confusing because although many non-GLBT people use it to cover gays AND lesbians (though probably not TG people), within the community it usually means specifically gay men. That's why the L (...) (20 years ago, 20-Sep-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: Lavender Brick Society

(...) So, are you saying that heterosexuals in prison who engage in homosexual sex are still heterosexuals? This is an interesting distinction and I have heard it before among Latin men. They believe that they can have sex with a Gay man (they, (...) (20 years ago, 20-Sep-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: New poll: sexuality and Lugnet

(...) That's pretty much proven by evolution, if nothing else. Heterosexual pairings can produce offspring, but homosexual ones can't, therefore the heterosexual lifestyle is self-propogating and the homosexual one isn't. (...) Survival of the (...) (20 years ago, 20-Sep-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: New poll: sexuality and Lugnet

(...) I wouldn't count on it. I had a friend in college who was very close to getting married when he finally stopped fooling himself with delusions of heterosexuality. A lot of our mutual friends were about as surprised as they are when they see (...) (20 years ago, 20-Sep-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: New poll: sexuality and Lugnet

(...) Yes I am and yes they are for the basis of this dicussion. Both involve sexual attraction the only difference being whether or not this attraction is directed towards the same or opposite sex. I think the direct comparison is obvious. -Orion (20 years ago, 20-Sep-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: New poll: sexuality and Lugnet

(...) Scratch "normative". "Norm" would have been a better choice. (...) Yes, that is how I was intending the word to be understood. (...) Agreed. I didn't mean to attach a pejorative meaning to "not normal". I was just reacting to something that (...) (20 years ago, 20-Sep-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: New poll: sexuality and Lugnet

(...) "Normative: That which is not perceived or experienced by members of a society as odd, peculiar, outlandish, or even as deserving of unusual attention, because either: (a) it is culturally typical, conventional, and encountered commonly in the (...) (20 years ago, 20-Sep-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: Lavender Brick Society

(...) Even if they are only attracted to women, and only sleep with women? There is nothing in the definition of heterosexual that says you have to be REPULSED by homosexuality. How much "homosexual tendency" does a heterosexual have to have before (...) (20 years ago, 20-Sep-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: Lavender Brick Society

(...) Perhaps he's like the White Queen, who could "believe as many as six impossible things before breakfast" :-) Kevin (20 years ago, 20-Sep-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: New poll: sexuality and Lugnet

(...) Ok, got it. I had come across that term before but didn't class it as "buying into the gay lifestyle". For one thing, that particular group of behaviours (well groomed, fit and trim, with it trendwise, fashionably dressed etc) plays off only (...) (20 years ago, 20-Sep-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Lavender Brick Society

(...) Well, the ones that didn't I wouldn't categorize as "heterosexual", but as "heterosexual with homosexual tendencies", or some other such qualification. JOHN (20 years ago, 20-Sep-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: Lavender Brick Society

(...) You've asked them all, have you? I would say many heterosexuals would probably have such revulsion, but I wouldn't be arrogant enought to assume they ALL do. ROSCO (20 years ago, 20-Sep-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: Lavender Brick Society

(...) Specifically, the revulsion of heterosexuals by the idea of engaging in homosexual sex. I wouldn't put that "feeling" on par with even incest, which probably is just deep taboo (whatever that is). JOHN (20 years ago, 20-Sep-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: New poll: sexuality and Lugnet

(...) Google for "Metrosexual". Not "swishy", but perhaps hitting some of the stereotypes (well groomed, fit and trim, with it trendwise, fashionably dressed, etc...) that people have (c.f. _Queer Eye for the Straight Guy_ which clearly (seems to, (...) (20 years ago, 20-Sep-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: New poll: sexuality and Lugnet

(...) Gay community, meaning G/L/B/T? (...) A personal who grows up heterosexual, and, for whatever reason, decides to forsake that and lead a gay lifestyle. I'm assuming this is possible-- that they weren't just repressing their gayness until a (...) (20 years ago, 20-Sep-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: New poll: sexuality and Lugnet

(...) Hmmm. Can we do that? You are implying that the two are equal and interchangable things. It seems to me that being heterosexual is the default, and then something happens (socialization, etc), and some become gay. There is a great deal of (...) (20 years ago, 20-Sep-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

John wrote in message ... (...) That (...) Merely (...) Basically, yes. But some people distinguish between homosexual (attracted to the same sex) and gay (attracted to the same sex and itentifying themselves as part of the gay community). (...) Not (...) (20 years ago, 19-Sep-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: New poll: sexuality and Lugnet

(...) We can't be sure, but the fact that non-human animals have demonstrated homosexual preferences suggests that it could very well be genetic for many people. For others it could be psychological (horribly traumatized by one or more members of (...) (20 years ago, 19-Sep-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: Lavender Brick Society

(...) Logic dictates that he cannot think that LGBT tendancies are genetically influenced, since simultaneously claiming them to be sinful would be as socially regressive as saying that it's sinful to be born with a birthspot. He can't have it both (...) (20 years ago, 19-Sep-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: New poll: sexuality and Lugnet

(...) John asked a simple question which I think is a common misconception. It can be summed up with a few definitions which should help clarify (and these definitions are scholarly, you can disagree with them if you wish - I'm just putting out (...) (20 years ago, 19-Sep-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: New poll: sexuality and Lugnet

(...) Let's turn the tables on that question. What makes someone hetero? Merely the fact that they are attracted to the opposite sex? If the answer is no to the above questions does that mean that virgins are neither homosexual or heterosexual but (...) (20 years ago, 19-Sep-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: New poll: sexuality and Lugnet

(...) What definition are you talking about?? I was simply asking a question and he posts, puts words into my mouth and then calls it *sick*. Needless to say I didn't appreciate his tangental interruption into an area I had had a genuine interest to (...) (20 years ago, 19-Sep-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: New poll: sexuality and Lugnet

(...) I strongly considered correcting Terry, but noted that he wasn't calling you sick, rather your definition sick. Nevertheless, his tone does concern me and other LUGNET admins and we're keeping a close eye on his posts too [1]. Terry -- please (...) (20 years ago, 19-Sep-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: New poll: sexuality and Lugnet

(...) Ahh, pejorative remarks like being called "*sick*"? Gotcha. JOHN (20 years ago, 19-Sep-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: New poll: sexuality and Lugnet

(...) No thats an effect, not a cause. (...) I would tend to think they're more likely to consider themselves bi, or a repressed gay that's been trying out hetero for a while (for whatever reason). ROSCO (20 years ago, 19-Sep-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: New poll: sexuality and Lugnet

(...) "What does made someone gay?". Deer, deer, the buck stops here. (20 years ago, 19-Sep-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: New poll: sexuality and Lugnet

(...) John, please tone down your comments a bit. It's OK to clarify what your intent was, its not OK to hurl a pejorative remark like that. Thanks. -Tim (20 years ago, 19-Sep-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: New poll: sexuality and Lugnet

(...) No, you moron, I'm simply asking a question. JOHN (20 years ago, 19-Sep-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: New poll: sexuality and Lugnet

(...) How about teens who are not sexually active yet? Or maybe people who simply never had a lover yet. Maybe even those religious zealot who "preserve" themselves for the "right" person? What you're saying, John, is that you were NOT hetero until (...) (20 years ago, 19-Sep-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: Driver humiliated by Texas judge

(...) You could always behead them, then if they haven't re-offended in 6 months, re-attach their head. Or maybe the offenders could be strapped to the fronts of modified dune-buggies like in the movie 'Mad Max 2'. pete.w (who drives in the slow (...) (20 years ago, 19-Sep-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Driver humiliated by Texas judge

(...) I don't think a permanent punishment is in order at all. I'd say 6 months or so would be more than adequate to 1) make sure the offender never, ever drives recklessly again, and 2) all he comes into contact with on the road think very (...) (20 years ago, 19-Sep-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Driver humiliated by Texas judge

(...) "The parents of Rachel Blasingame, the victim, praised the unusual sentence." Unusual. I think they summed up why I doubt this will not be carried out. Let's mock people in stocks! How about a scarlet letter? Maybe a tattoo on the forehead so (...) (20 years ago, 19-Sep-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Driver humiliated by Texas judge

I don't normally start topics in o-t.d, but seeing that this article caught my interest I thought I would. Plus, it may divert attention away from other discussions. Driver humiliated by Texas judge: (URL) thoughts? If this becomes common practice (...) (20 years ago, 19-Sep-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Lavender Brick Society

(...) It is not, it is utter claptrap. Scott A (20 years ago, 17-Sep-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: Lavender Brick Society

(...) Please review the rules against baiting, Terry. This sort of tone is not appropriate, even in off-topic.debate The admins are going to be taking a jaundiced view of inflammatory posts, of whatever stripe, on this topic. or others. Larry (...) (20 years ago, 19-Sep-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Lavender Brick Society

(...) Oh I believe you DO want to offend gays. And NO, it's not the truth. I do not find it repulsive. I would in fact say that I find it nice to see people loving each other freely nowadays, compared to some eras or some places in the world where (...) (20 years ago, 19-Sep-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: Lavender Brick Society

(...) Knowing someone is gay doesn't tell you anything about their sex life any more than knowing someone is heterosexual tells you anything about their sex life. It doesn't tell you if they've ever had sex, or if they ever will. Maybe I'm naive. (...) (20 years ago, 19-Sep-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: Is LUGNET what you really want? (Was: Re: Lavender Brick Society)

(...) LOL at obscure reference to infamous .Space history! (I didn't see your link to that thread until typing this reply, because the HTML link was only applied to the last period you typed.) I've no idea where to FUT this, so I'll leave it (...) (20 years ago, 19-Sep-04, to lugnet.admin.suggestions, lugnet.fun.community, lugnet.off-topic.debate, lugnet.people, lugnet.org)

  Re: Worthlessness

(...) Just about every time I've been completely disgusted by a post on Lugnet, it's been for this reason. "Or else Dave! is correct?" So many people around here turn everything into an us-vs-them. Somebody disagrees with your ideas, you could (...) (20 years ago, 19-Sep-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Correction to my previous post

(...) I have to apologize to Chris as I misread the nested message and said he posted to ask the person to remove his posts - Scott Arthur did that. So I was wrong to say he called for it. I will say that Chris probably didn't have a problem with (...) (20 years ago, 19-Sep-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: “family-safe” ? (Re: Lavender Brick Society)

(...) Nope, I'm dead-on correct. (...) Again, nope. I described you to a tee. I'm not telling anyone they ought to cancel their posts like you have. I am for the debate if you've read these threads. I'm not in favor of censoring the discussion. (...) (20 years ago, 19-Sep-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: Lavender Brick Society

Nope, what I was saying is that your own preconceived biases made you assume that someone asking for a hetero group at this present time was doing so 'to get even/keep up with the homosexual Joneses' rather than it being a legitimate request. You (...) (20 years ago, 19-Sep-04, to lugnet.admin.suggestions, lugnet.fun.community, lugnet.off-topic.debate, lugnet.people, lugnet.org)

  Re: Lavender Brick Society

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Jeff Pelletier wrote: [SNIP] (...) Jeff, you may be referring to some of my statements, and I will simply flat out tell you it's based on my personal experiences with gay people and also reading the published/blog (...) (20 years ago, 19-Sep-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Lavender Brick Society

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, David Laswell wrote: [SNIP] (...) (sarcasm on) Ummmmm, Dave, yeah, we have conversations about this all the time. You must have overheard us. (sarcasm off) We're not the ones obsessed with defining ourselves primarily by (...) (20 years ago, 19-Sep-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Lavender Brick Society

(...) Verbal gymnastics from Kevin. Sexual orientation may not tell you the specific acts a particular couple performs in bed, but you'd have to be an idiot not to know THE RANGE OF POSSIBLE ACTS two men or two women might do in bed together (same (...) (20 years ago, 19-Sep-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Lavender Brick Society

(...) Why don't you mind your own snipping beeswax? JOHN (20 years ago, 19-Sep-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: Lavender Brick Society

(...) Nope David, you're totally wrong about acceptance. Acceptance equals approval of it as something legitimate, something you can agree with even if you don't participate. Toleration means you give others the same freedom you have to make right (...) (20 years ago, 19-Sep-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: Worthlessness

Well, My thoughts... The Wyld Stalyns got it right: "Be Excellent To Each Other!"...."Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure" was ahead of it's time.. oh, geez...ok, realized that was a bad pun in itself... Ok, I might incite a religious riot after the (...) (20 years ago, 19-Sep-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: Lavender Brick Society

(...) John, I think you're starting to cross the line here, even for off-topic.debate... take a stress tab and think about the success of the mission. (20 years ago, 19-Sep-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: Lavender Brick Society

(...) You are completely right about MOCs being able to be posted in other groups. I intend, where appropriate, to cross-post any MOCs that I would post. Some people may not, its their choice I guess. (...) The short answer (and thats difficult) (...) (20 years ago, 19-Sep-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Lavender Brick Society

(...) Okay, so put your money where your mouth is and give the pudding a chance to prove itself. If it goes unused, you're right, and no harm done, except the loss of Todd's time in setting up the newsgroup. If it sees use, you're wrong, and there's (...) (20 years ago, 18-Sep-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: Lavender Brick Society

"Jeff Pelletier" <jeff@studio7733.com> wrote in message news:I49Bsw.1BDI@lugnet.com... (...) it: (...) MOCS (...) it (...) does (...) brought (...) gay (...) Hill, (...) is a (...) the (...) the (...) clue (...) is the (...) large (...) As a (...) (...) (20 years ago, 18-Sep-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Lavender Brick Society

(...) Joakim, No problem asking. Several examples of LGBT related MOCs were already brought up, but to recap: there was a castle inhabited by lesbians, a gay bar, a gay "ghetto" (most big cities have one - NYC's Chelsea, Seattle's Capitol Hill, (...) (20 years ago, 18-Sep-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Is LUGNET what you really want? (Was: Re: Lavender Brick Society)

Hello! (...) It still makes me feel good. It's not what I had expected when I sent the money but that doesn't mean I'm disappointed. I would not want to leave. Where else is it possible to discuss anything and everything with people who you don't (...) (20 years ago, 18-Sep-04, to lugnet.admin.suggestions, lugnet.fun.community, lugnet.off-topic.debate, lugnet.people, lugnet.org)

  Re: Lavender Brick Society

Hello! (...) Since I'm an untransgendered hetero I don't need to be okay with such lifestyles. (...) That's only an assumption. (...) *sigh* To fail constantly is my destiny. Bye Jojo (20 years ago, 18-Sep-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Lavender Brick Society

(...) Clarity, Chris. That's all I want. I think you will find that your views are in the vast minority. (...) Excuse me??? What exactly do you mean by "get off"? Why don't you just shut your ignorant piehole, Chris. And who is this "most of us" you (...) (20 years ago, 18-Sep-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: Lavender Brick Society

Hello! (...) This thread is the reason why a LGBT subgroup is needed now. Because NOW nobody who was involved in this thread has an unbiassed view upon this matter anymore. ;) Bye Jojo (20 years ago, 18-Sep-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Is LUGNET what you really want? (Was: Re: Lavender Brick Society)

(...) Except it'd more likely be lugnet.people.(your country).(your state).(your city).(your street).kyle., just in the unforseen circumstance that there is another Kyle. Don't get me wrong, I reckon lugnet.(incredibly convoluted heirarchy).kyle (...) (20 years ago, 18-Sep-04, to lugnet.admin.suggestions, lugnet.fun.community, lugnet.off-topic.debate, lugnet.people, lugnet.org, FTX)

  Re: Lavender Brick Society

"Jeff Pelletier" <jeff@studio7733.com> wrote in message news:I496JG.Io6@lugnet.com... snipped some old stuff. (...) more and (...) to (...) in (...) No (...) is (...) think (...) would (...) speak (...) ignorant to (...) civil (...) can't (...) (...) (20 years ago, 18-Sep-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Lavender Brick Society

(...) I couldn't agree more with what David said. As a gay person, I ask no more and no less than to speak equally with someone. If a straight person I talk to mentions "I went to the Lego store with my wife, blah blah blah" then I do in fact desire (...) (20 years ago, 18-Sep-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Is LUGNET what you really want? (Was: Re: Lavender Brick Society)

(...) Wow, controversy on LUGNET. Will wonders never cease? ;] Damn I'm going to regret this. Oh well, as long as my post is more coherent than JAL's, I've done good. ;] I have formed a theory. Here's a pictorial representation of part of my theory: (...) (20 years ago, 18-Sep-04, to lugnet.admin.suggestions, lugnet.fun.community, lugnet.off-topic.debate, lugnet.people, lugnet.org)

  Re: Lavender Brick Society

(...) But here, we can discuss and remain largely civil. Chris (20 years ago, 18-Sep-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: “family-safe” ? (Re: Lavender Brick Society)

(...) Ah! So you're merely incorrect. (...) I think you've confused the sides here. You've described yourself pretty perfectly, as far as I can infer. Chris (20 years ago, 18-Sep-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: Lavender Brick Society

(...) I thought it was insane asylum inmates. Chris (20 years ago, 18-Sep-04, to lugnet.people, lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Lavender Brick Society

(...) No. (20 years ago, 18-Sep-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: Lavender Brick Society

(...) No, many people are bi. Gays are gay and straights are straight. Everyone else is bi. Chris (20 years ago, 18-Sep-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: Lavender Brick Society

(...) overt (...) I'll accept that if you never mention your wife... Or indicate that Ross is your son (since that also comes with pre-conceived baggage about your sexuality - or even firm baggage if some folks have their way and only man-woman (...) (20 years ago, 18-Sep-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Lavender Brick Society

(...) I have NO problem with that. It should be the norm. (...) Because to lock it in taboo damages people. I know you get off on people being harmed in various ways, but most of us do not. (...) ??? What a crock. (...) The historical body of (...) (20 years ago, 18-Sep-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: Lavender Brick Society

(...) The tone of your post fairly well indicates that you're hetero, you're not okay with LGBT lifestyles, and you don't really think it should be completely left to Todd to decide. I'd say you failed on the right parts and succeeded on the wrong (...) (20 years ago, 18-Sep-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Lavender Brick Society

(...) Alfred: Name-calling like this just isn't helpful. In theory, the word naturally has one clear definition. In reality, everyone has a different definition of what the word means. --Todd (20 years ago, 18-Sep-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: Lavender Brick Society

(...) Well, before you snipped it, the particular point being discussed was PDA. (...) The point I was trying to make is that sexuality is private thing and that overt attempts to disclose personal matters is appropriate IMO. (...) ARRRG (not (...) (20 years ago, 18-Sep-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: Lavender Brick Society

(...) Thank you, Lewis. -Tim (20 years ago, 18-Sep-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: Lavender Brick Society

(...) I agree James, Lugnet is about lego, it is not about race, creed, politics, or sexual orientation. Like it or not, sexual orientation is a controversial subject. Some people on this group strongly disagree with the lifestyle, some strongly (...) (20 years ago, 18-Sep-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX) !!

  Re: Lavender Brick Society

(...) Not picking on you particularly Jojo, since this has been said several times by several people in different ways in this thread. There are a couple of points here. Firstly, heterosexuals frequently mention their sexual orientation. How? By (...) (20 years ago, 18-Sep-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Lavender Brick Society

(...) That's not what's being debated here. The public display of sexual orientation is. There is a hugely vast difference between having an orgy in the nearest intersection and publicly acknowledging that your SO shops in the same section of the (...) (20 years ago, 18-Sep-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: Lavender Brick Society

(...) No, they think it's performance art. Voyeurs think it's a spectator sport. (20 years ago, 18-Sep-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Lavender Brick Society

(...) Oh, well then you get sent to the Pit of People Condemned to Read "As I Lay Dying", Chapter 19. *shudder* (20 years ago, 18-Sep-04, to lugnet.fun.community, lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Geobra Society

Hello! (...) Oh, it wasn't meant completely unserious. For example (URL) this> was inspired by (URL) this>. And (URL) this> was built after (URL) this>. I did several other "Renditions" of Playmobil models in LEGO in the past that are not documented (...) (20 years ago, 18-Sep-04, to lugnet.admin.suggestions, lugnet.fun.community, lugnet.off-topic.debate, lugnet.people, lugnet.org, FTX)

  Re: Lavender Brick Society

Hello! Before I started posting to this thread I made the following decisions: 1. I would not say anything revealing my own sexual preferences, whatever they might be. 2. I would not say anything like "personally I'm not [this] but hey! if people (...) (20 years ago, 18-Sep-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Lavender Brick Society

(...) See Todd Lehman's response as to what Lugnet is. I had reserved my own opinion on the whole subject with the note that Lehman is the arbitrator of what Lugnet is, and knows his own philosophy on it better than I do. (...) And this is merely (...) (20 years ago, 18-Sep-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: Lavender Brick Society

(...) Since I am (I believe) the one who started using the homophobic term in this thread, let me add that I am happily married, striaght, catholic male. Not that any of that matters, really, but you seem to be saying that the homosexuals here are (...) (20 years ago, 18-Sep-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact