 Off-Topic / Debate / 25870
Re: Lavender Brick Society
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Sun, 19 Sep 2004 06:00:23 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Jeff Pelletier wrote:
[SNIP]
I also need to note that a good amount of the conversation on this forum is
amazingly offensive to me personally.  There is a lot of "gays want you think
this or they want you to accept them because..." kind of conversation.  I would
ask that everyone speak for themselves and not for me.  I wouldn't dare speak
for how a straight person thinks and I think its incredibly rude and ignorant to
speak for anyone else BUT yourself.  The conversation will be a lot more civil
that way (and it can be - just because people disagree doesn't mean we can't
discuss or share).
[SNIP]

Jeff,  you may be referring to some of my statements, and I will simply flat out
tell you it's based on my personal experiences with gay people and also reading
the published/blog thoughts of homosexuals.  but fine, I will adjust the record
and state that my comments may or may not reflect your personal views on
homosexuality.

Apart from that, if I thought you had an interesting MOC, I wouldn't care what
your sexual preference/orientation is, and I wouldn't ask, and I don't know why
you'd feel the need to tell me.  I'd just want to see what you built, and maybe
ask questions about how you did something.