 Off-Topic / Debate / 25869
Re: Lavender Brick Society
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Sun, 19 Sep 2004 05:50:28 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, David Laswell wrote:

[SNIP]
Or imagine
you're gay and one of your friends starts talking about "them evil gay people",
and how great it is that "we're both straight".

(sarcasm on)
Ummmmm, Dave, yeah, we have conversations about this all the time.  You must
have overheard us.
(sarcasm off)

We're not the ones obsessed with defining ourselves primarily by who we sleep
with.  Heteros just don't think or talk this way.  I have never heard any
heterosexual friend or acquaintance ever tell me how great it is we're both
'straight'.

Now I know the 'in' PC thing to do is to bounce back and say, "well of course
you don't think that way because society considers heterosexuality to be
normal."  Makes sense to consider it normal when over 95% of people in society
are heterosexual.  Common sense tells us (and math statistics too) that of
course heterosexuality is the norm for society and that you'd have to not use
your God-given common sense to think otherwise.  If homosexuality was the norm
society wouldn't last very long as babies would be a dwindling commodity.