 Off-Topic / Debate / 25908
Re: New poll: sexuality and Lugnet
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Mon, 20 Sep 2004 04:48:35 GMT

   In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Orion Pobursky wrote:
   In lugnet.admin.general, John Neal wrote:
   In lugnet.admin.general, Jeff Pelletier wrote:

   This may be a surprise to you, but you don’t have to have sex to be gay. That distinction really needs to be made.

That does surprise me. Now I’m curious-- what does made someone gay? Merely the fact that they are attracted to the same sex?

Let’s turn the tables on that question. What makes someone hetero? Merely the fact that they are attracted to the opposite sex?

You are implying that the two are equal and interchangable things.

Yes I am and yes they are for the basis of this dicussion. Both involve sexual attraction the only difference being whether or not this attraction is directed towards the same or opposite sex. I think the direct comparison is obvious.

-Orion