 Off-Topic / Debate / 25903
Re: New poll: sexuality and Lugnet
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Mon, 20 Sep 2004 03:11:50 GMT

Google for "Metrosexual". Not "swishy", but perhaps hitting some of the
stereotypes (well groomed, fit and trim, with it trendwise, fashionably dressed,
etc...) that people have (c.f. _Queer Eye for the Straight Guy_ which clearly
(seems to, I've only seen it once) plays on/with those stereotypes).

Ok, got it. I had come across that term before but didn't class it as "buying
into the gay lifestyle". For one thing, that particular group of behaviours
(well groomed, fit and trim, with it trendwise, fashionably dressed etc) plays
off only one of the several gay stereotypes, never mind the fact that there are
many more "gay lifestyles" out there than the stereotypes cover. Goodness knows
where the people on the Gay Homesteaders mailing list I belong to would fit!

Kevin