 Administrative / General / 11903
Re: New poll: sexuality and Lugnet
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Sun, 19 Sep 2004 20:23:16 GMT

In lugnet.admin.general, Jeff Pelletier wrote:
In lugnet.general, Rob Hendrix wrote:
Please vote!

http://members.lugnet.com/polls/ballots/?n=174

FUT - Lugnet.admin.general

I have a big problem with the way this poll is worded - its definitely one sided
and misses the point of the 200+ postings on the main topic forum.  It was
explicity noted several times that "sexual topics" were NOT going to be
discussed and that most everyone found the posting of such topics inappropriate.
The point of the group is to discuss MOCs or Lego issues related to LGBT issues.
This may be a surprise to you, but you don't have to have sex to be gay.  That
distinction really needs to be made.

With wording like that, there is probably an internship at Fox News awaiting.
What next a poll on apple pie, the flag and motherhood ?

The lynch mob had better keep an eye on the 'singles' newsgroup, who knows
what tales of conquest await us from the retail aisles.

And if you can't even be bothered to read (a rather lengthy mind you) thread
then its completely absurd for you to post a poll which references it.

Just my two cents.

pete.w (add my 2 and the kitty has 4 cents)