 Off-Topic / Debate / 25895
Re: New poll: sexuality and Lugnet
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Sun, 19 Sep 2004 22:58:40 GMT

In lugnet.admin.general, John Neal wrote:
   That does surprise me. Now I’m curious-- what does made someone gay?

We can’t be sure, but the fact that non-human animals have demonstrated homosexual preferences suggests that it could very well be genetic for many people. For others it could be psychological (horribly traumatized by one or more members of the opposite gender).

   Merely the fact that they are attracted to the same sex?

Is that what defines being “gay”? I’d say yes. After all, you generally have to be attracted to someone before you enter into a physical relationship. Besides, have you ever considered the possibility that some homosexual people could be saving themselves for marriage?