 Off-Topic / Debate / 25934
Re: New poll: sexuality and Lugnet
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Mon, 20 Sep 2004 14:07:32 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Jeff Pelletier wrote:
   Many bisexual women identify as Lesbians for political reasons...

This is a question for anyone who has an educated opinion...I seriously don’t know.

Why does it seem relatively more common for women to be openly bi than men? I know lots of bi women, relatively few bi men, and more gay men than lesbians. Is that a coincidence of my own singular experience, or a trend? If there are more bi women than men, is it just because of the relative level of social acceptance or is it more acceptable for women because there are more of them? It seems like a tricky chicken or the egg kind of problem.

Chris