 Off-Topic / Debate / 25915
Re: Lavender Brick Society
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Mon, 20 Sep 2004 05:37:58 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Todd Lehman wrote:
   So, are you saying that heterosexuals in prison who engage in homosexual sex are still heterosexuals? This is an interesting distinction and I have heard it before among Latin men. They believe that they can have sex with a Gay man (they, however, being the dominant partner) but still consider themselves “straight”. This idea of separating orientation from behavior doesn’t parse for me. These people are clearly bisexual.

Someone who’s bisexual in prison isn’t necessarily also bisexual outside of prison.

BTW, in Kiss of the Spider Woman, do you consider the kiss between Luis and Valentin to be one of a bisexual nature or just brotherly love? I don’t think the line is clear.

Erm, sorry, I missed that flick.

   That is why I spoke of homosexuality in terms of behavior. Straight men having sex together means that they are engaging in homosexual behavior.

What if there are eight women also having sex with them?

(shrugs) They are bi? :-) I find this topic very confusing and very inconsistent, because there always seems to be exceptions, but in doing a little googling, I just found this article which drew some helpful analogies of sexual orientation to human handedness.

JOHN