 Off-Topic / Debate / 25838
Re: Lavender Brick Society
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Sat, 18 Sep 2004 04:50:52 GMT

   Explain why the actual act has been forced to take place privately. Are you for allowing public displays of sexual acts?

That’s not what’s being debated here. The public display of sexual orientation is. There is a hugely vast difference between having an orgy in the nearest intersection and publicly acknowledging that your SO shops in the same section of the nearest department store.

   How do you know how I treat homosexuals? If I don’t know that they are gay, how can I treat them differently?

I think that’s the main sticking point here. The whole point of coming out of the closet, as I see it, is so you aren’t only being socially accepted based on false pretenses.

   For instance, I find gay activist parades to be a diliberate snubbing and tweaking of heterosexuals.

Do you also find the civil rights marches of the 60’s to be a deliberate snubbing and tweaking of whites?

   I wonder if there would still be such displays if everyone were gay?

Of course not. If everyone were gay we’d have succumbed to Darwinism quite a few generations ago. But we, as a species, aren’t limited by natural selection. Look at the vast number of charities that are set up to help those who, for whatever reason, can’t survive without assistance of some sort.