 Off-Topic / Debate / 25846
Re: Lavender Brick Society
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Sat, 18 Sep 2004 18:44:27 GMT

The point I was trying to make is that sexuality is private thing and that • overt
attempts to disclose personal matters is appropriate IMO.

I'll accept that if you never mention your wife... Or indicate that Ross is
your son (since that also comes with pre-conceived baggage about your
sexuality - or even firm baggage if some folks have their way and only
man-woman married couples can adopt, or maybe it says nothing at all since
in a totally repressed society, many gay folks have convenience marriages).

Can you do that? Is that really the world you want? No public expression of
sexuality? Sorry, government recognition of marriage would have to go. No
wedding pictures on the front steps of the church.

Oops, I don't know how you find a partner since you can't make any public
reference to sexuality.

The reality is that almost every day of the year, most people demonstrate
their sexuality in a public way.

Frank