 Off-Topic / Debate / 25845
Re: Lavender Brick Society
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Sat, 18 Sep 2004 18:42:24 GMT

   Oh really, Mister Tolerant? So I suppose you have no problem with people copulating in public, and in the view of your children.

I have NO problem with that. It should be the norm.

   I think to dislike that is to admit that you’re repressed.

What is wrong with repressing private things? Why does EVERYTHING have to be public?

Because to lock it in taboo damages people. I know you get off on people being harmed in various ways, but most of us do not.

   Preferential treatment.

??? What a crock.

   Why is it nonsense? Do you have proof to the contrary?

The historical body of evidence is significant.

   What makes you think that I want everyone else to be like me?

Your rampant intolerance of people who are not. At least that’s what triggers it for most people.

   Why? What is wrong with .people? The only reason why we have become compartmentalized dorks in the first place is because the traffic volume became too great. Is .people so busy that subgroups have become necessary?

Isn’t the fact that multiple people want this group good enough?

   It is too much of an afront to their sexuality. Wouldn’t the world be a more tolerant place if we were all bisexual-- well it ain’t gonna happen.

Maybe, maybe not.

Again, more disingenuousness.

What??? He answered fairly. I happen to think the world would be a better place if we were all bi. But we might just select other things to be intolerant of...so “maybe, maybe not” seems like a perfectly valid answer.

Chris