 LEGO Company / LEGO Direct / *4774 (-100)
  TLC participation here part of LD marketecture

(...) Indeed, TLC's presence here is not simply a fortuitous by-product of the reinvention of LEGO Direct in 1999, but part of the very _marketecture_ of the new LEGO Direct. Acknowledging and participating in fan events -- and hiring people from (...) (22 years ago, 19-Jun-02, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Question: Why allow postings of lego.direct on lugnet at all? (sarcasm warning)

(...) "Milton Train Works(tm)" is the proper spelling and capitalization for the brand... (...) All well and good but if you are not looking at my MOCS for sale, you are missing out on a pretty good share of my MOC output these days. So keep an eye (...) (22 years ago, 19-Jun-02, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  (canceled)

  RE: Question: Why allow postings of lego.direct on lugnet at all? (sarcasm warning)

(...) Yes, but why not use the same "rules" used to anyone abusing the LUGNET ? i.e. If any TLC employee *OR* any other LUGNETter starts using this resource against the LUGNET spirit, after the 1st warning, should be "banned" for a while. This would (...) (22 years ago, 19-Jun-02, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Question: Why allow postings of lego.direct on lugnet at all? (sarcasm warning)

(...) I think perhaps my phrasing was unclear, so I'll restate: The purpose of default LUGNET user's presence on LUGNET is to exchange information in a forum for people who share in the hobby. While it is true that many LUGNET users also sell (...) (22 years ago, 19-Jun-02, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Limiting placement of LC posts

Todd and I will be discussing this issue with LD next month. I'm hoping there's a good solution or alternative that we just haven't thought of yet. You can bet we'll be open minded and reasonable. We very much *do* want to see LD happy, and help TLC (...) (22 years ago, 19-Jun-02, to lugnet.admin.suggestions, lugnet.lego.direct) !!

  Re: I LOVE LEGO!

Is that like Legovergnuegen? -Aaron (Ich liebe Lego auch) "Anthony Sava" <savatheaggie@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:Gxwqv0.CJt@lugnet.com... (...) I (...) glow. (...) (22 years ago, 19-Jun-02, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Why the absence of LD in their own newsgroup?

(...) <snip> (...) <snip> Why should Lego have to bribe us with donations and unprofitable products? Allowing Lego to post here doesn't seem like bending over backwards to me. Lego's reps are restricted to posting in a forum where all they hear are (...) (22 years ago, 19-Jun-02, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Question: Why allow postings of lego.direct on lugnet at all? (sarcasm warning)

(...) I'd disagree. For TLC, we (the online AFOLs) are not the most important buyers, not by a long ways (see your description below of us as a teeny tiny demographic). For the random Bricklink seller, or e-bayer, or whatever, the online AFOLs are (...) (22 years ago, 19-Jun-02, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Discount code clarification and update

(...) Oh. I thought this would be a "site by fans, for fans" as announced at the homepage. Where the users are making the content. (...) If this is your view, everone has to tolerate it, but please do tolerate other views and also speculations too. (...) (22 years ago, 18-Jun-02, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Question: Why allow postings of lego.direct on lugnet at all? (sarcasm warning)

(...) Objectively, not much, but at the same time what's the benefit? How many "what's this part from" posts currently go unanswered without the input of TLC employees? In addition, a reasonable concern is that Employee X might say "sure, that Green (...) (22 years ago, 18-Jun-02, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Discount code clarification and update

(...) <snip> (...) Whoa there Suz, you are taking this out of context here, I point you to someting I said at the start of this branch of the thread(1)... "But then again Todd and Suz were simply doing the same thing that Lego does in protecting (...) (22 years ago, 18-Jun-02, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Question: Why allow postings of lego.direct on lugnet at all?

(...) I would point out that currently posting any market posting other than an auction posting anywhere within Lugnet is not against the TOS. It is against the clear desires and directions of the admins and the community (so a post or e-mail asking (...) (22 years ago, 18-Jun-02, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.admin.terms)

  Re: Discount code clarification and update

(...) Yeah I just tried it and it doesn't work for us Aussies either... :( I think Jake should change His opening post 'All' to 'US only' or whoever else it covers.... as we are ALL too aren't we (the rest of the world)? we may not be a huge (...) (22 years ago, 18-Jun-02, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: 10021

Dug the picture up from the Temporary Internet Files and put in on Brickshelf: (URL) was a close up as well, where you could see the (non-) windows, but I haven't seen it... Duq "William R Ward" <bill@wards.net> wrote in message (...) (22 years ago, 18-Jun-02, to lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Discount code clarification and update

(...) This is great news if you live in the U.S. Why can`t we get this discount in the U.K or other countries?? Duncan (22 years ago, 18-Jun-02, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Why the absence of LD in their own newsgroup?

(...) Indeed. For the record, it is exactly this kind of immaturity that drove me away from LUGNET in the first place. What immaturity? Not Jake's. I don't trust anyone whose motivation is to sell me something. It's a knee-jerk reaction. He has (...) (22 years ago, 18-Jun-02, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.general) !

  Re: Discount code clarification and update

(...) What!? Geez, dude.. Your implication is false. And I'm a little offended to read criticism posted on my website of my action taken to protect my property. I should not have to defend myself for running my business as a business just because (...) (22 years ago, 18-Jun-02, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Why the absence of LD in their own newsgroup?

(...) Actually, the code would have to have a few more rules, but I'm sure Dan or Todd could whip something up in minutes. Code basics: If <sender> contains <@lego.com> and <group> is not <.direct>, append header/footer Said header/footer (maybe (...) (22 years ago, 18-Jun-02, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  patience please

Hi all, I'm feeling a bit overwhelmed by the amount of stuff I really want to reply to here.. - Right now I'm writing a summary of my opinions on the posting privileges issue, because I see people making false assumptions. I'd also like to set up a (...) (22 years ago, 18-Jun-02, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.admin.general)

  Re: Discount code clarification and update

(...) Oh yes, I have also seen that. Maybe the other stores take it for what it is, a compliment. AFIK Lego has been uptight about its logo and its use here on Lugnet, and it is my thinking that this was a chance for Todd and Suz to bite Lego back (...) (22 years ago, 18-Jun-02, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Question: Why allow postings of lego.direct on lugnet at all?

(...) Well I'm not a Lego Admin, but if I saw you posting an advertizing in the group (ie Robotics), then I'm sure you will see a professionally worded notice from me or from another user to post your solicitation in the appropriate newsgroup. If (...) (22 years ago, 18-Jun-02, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  RE: Question: Why allow postings of lego.direct on lugnet at all?

I don't understand why can't we treat LEGO Direct as any other lugnet participant (sellers included). I ask the LUGNET Admins: If I'm a seller (just for the record: I'm not) and I start using lugnet.robotics to *advertise* robotic Parts/Sets/MOC's I (...) (22 years ago, 18-Jun-02, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Question: Why allow postings of lego.direct on lugnet at all? (sarcasm warning)

(...) Uh, plenty of individuals do that already. Not everyone checks Peeron or shop.lego.com, and so are not familiar with everything available. I, and a number of others then fill them in. What is wrong with a Lego employee doing the same? (...) If (...) (22 years ago, 18-Jun-02, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Why the absence of LD in their own newsgroup?

(...) Things are okay. Jake and Brad will be meeting with Todd and me during Brickfest. We're going to look at things afresh. I'm sure this'll be a good thing. -Suz (22 years ago, 18-Jun-02, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: 10021

If they have to post on the live server (I can't imagine them being stupid enough to not have a Staging server), I'd suspect they don't "yank" the pics back off, they simply change the permissions so they're not viewable. (...) -- Tom Stangl (...) (22 years ago, 18-Jun-02, to lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Question: Why allow postings of lego.direct on lugnet at all? (sarcasm warning)

I am not sure that LD or TLC would be quite as badly behaved as people seem to think. Everyone knows Larry sells stuff. (Well, I assume if they are regulars here on lugnet they do, anyhow.) I sell stuff too, and I am personally very sensitive to the (...) (22 years ago, 18-Jun-02, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Question: Why allow postings of lego.direct on lugnet at all? (sarcasm warning)

(...) 'Spammed' probably isn't the right word for it. I am thinking of something less obnoxious and possibly more sinister like "product placement" type marketing. An example: When I saw the Spider-Man movie, there was this protracted moment when (...) (22 years ago, 18-Jun-02, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: I LOVE LEGO!

(...) Ich bin ein Lugnetter! --Anthony (who really needs to get out more) (URL) (22 years ago, 18-Jun-02, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: I LOVE LEGO!

(...) What about Minifigs? Mel :) (who is wondering what you ate for breakfast) www.brickzine.com - 'minifigs accepted' (22 years ago, 18-Jun-02, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Discount code clarification and update

Wow, this is super cool if it's worldwide... Afterall, no matter where we are from, we are ALL AFOL's :) Here's hoping! (not getting too excited just yet). Mel www.brickzine.com (22 years ago, 18-Jun-02, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Discount code clarification and update

(...) Maybe, but I've seen tons of online stores use trademarked words and names in coupon codes, and never once heard of any of them getting in trouble. Jeff (22 years ago, 18-Jun-02, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Question: Why allow postings of lego.direct on lugnet at all? (sarcasm warning)

(...) I think you´re both right. TLC wouldn´t spam LUGNET if they were allowed to post in any group. BUT: I feel the same way as Ben. LD and/or TLC do not join the discussion or offer to have one. They mostly do some kind of marketing annoucements. (...) (22 years ago, 18-Jun-02, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Discount code clarification and update

In lugnet.lego.announce, Jake McKee writes: <snip> (...) <snip> (...) I took it as a compliment actually. There was a coupon code many people were having trouble using or just did not have and TLC came out and made one just for us and detailed how (...) (22 years ago, 18-Jun-02, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: (sarcasm warning) etc

In lugnet.lego.direct, Tony Alexander writes: [snip a lot] (...) Dear Tony, you are perfectly right with every word you wrote.... Now back to buying, sorting, moccing. Leg Godt, Ben (22 years ago, 18-Jun-02, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Discount code clarification and update

(...) For what it's worth, I can confirm this too. It's mere coincidence. (...) Not a problem. We appreciate your help. -Suz (22 years ago, 18-Jun-02, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Discount code clarification and update

(...) This is *very* cool. Thank you, LD! -Suz (22 years ago, 18-Jun-02, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Why the absence of LD in their own newsgroup?

(...) 'Twas available in US / Canada for a short time - I think the guys in rtlToronto probably cleaned 'em out!! 8?) ROSCO (22 years ago, 18-Jun-02, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Why the absence of LD in their own newsgroup?

(...) I saw it listed in their new 'web specials' area. not sure where else it's made known. Sad to report, it says 'sold out' now. -Suz (22 years ago, 18-Jun-02, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Discount code clarification and update

(...) Does this work for all countries? Or, to reflect my own interests more directly, does it work for Australia? Kerry (22 years ago, 18-Jun-02, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Why the absence of LD in their own newsgroup?

(...) Where is this announcement on TLC's site that Mindstorms 1.5 is available for 50% off? I can't see it. All I can see is Mindstorms 2.0 available at the regular price? Kerry (22 years ago, 18-Jun-02, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Question: Why allow postings of Lego Direct on lugnet at all?

(...) So, what did you think about Jake's posting about why he doesn't communicate more? I think there were valid reasons in there that we ought to look towards ourselves as a community before demanding more participation from LD. Mark (22 years ago, 18-Jun-02, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: I LOVE LEGO!

(...) You've been snorting your bricks again, haven't you? ;-) TJ -who loves Lego too. (22 years ago, 18-Jun-02, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  I LOVE LEGO!

I love LEGO; I Love LEGO DIRECT; I Love LUGNET; I Love Jake; I Love Suz; I Love Todd; I Love Brad; I Love Kjeld; I Love ABS plastic! When I think of everything everyone above has done to make my life just a wee bit better, and everyone I haven't (...) (22 years ago, 18-Jun-02, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: LEGO - Small shop horror story

Laura: Please keep us informed as to you progress (or lack thereof). I have been reading your "saga" with great interest and I want to know if you can get this resolved. I'm sure others are interested as well. Good luck! Tim "Laura Gjovaag" (...) (22 years ago, 17-Jun-02, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: 10021

(...) A rerelease of #398 U.S.S. Constellation, sans 1x1x1 yellow windows. (...) I am just guessing wildly here, but it may be the case that they don't have separate development (creation) and production (live) servers -- or that even if they do, (...) (22 years ago, 17-Jun-02, to lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Can't we all just hug and make up? (don't abandon ship!)

(...) I just tried your pose and believe me, you *can* stomp your foot. At least, if first you shift your weight to the OTHER foot. If you don't do that, you can only stomp once, followed by a heavy thudd. This then causes concerned yells from (...) (22 years ago, 17-Jun-02, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Are U.S. S@H Phone Specials Going Away?

With the recent decline in the selection of items offered by Lego Shop @ Home in their Wednesday phone specials, and the appearance of the Web Specials section on the Shop @ Home website, I have to wonder if the phone specials program is being (...) (22 years ago, 17-Jun-02, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.market.shopping)

  Re: 10021

(...) It's gone now - what was it? It seems that the last few LEGO releases have been preceded by a brief visibility on their website. I suspect that there is some software or procedural problem with lego.com where it is impossible for items to be (...) (22 years ago, 17-Jun-02, to lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: (sarcasm warning) etc

(...) Perfectly said! Play, or Play Not!!! There is no try! (22 years ago, 17-Jun-02, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: (sarcasm warning) etc

Forget Unneccesary Nuisances Free Useful Nanoseconds Fully Utilize Non-work-time I thought that LUGnet was supposed to be about FUN...I've enjoyed the creativity, imagination, and incredible stuff that you people can all make with basically a (...) (22 years ago, 17-Jun-02, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Question: Why allow postings of Lego Direct on lugnet at all?

(...) I think there would be even no need to visit lego.com: for sure someone would post (or link) the news into the lugnet. Lots of news are 'leaking' out of lego.com even before they are published in a regular way there. Just these days pictures (...) (22 years ago, 17-Jun-02, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Discount code clarification and update

(...) Thank you for the reply. Jude (...) (22 years ago, 17-Jun-02, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Discount code clarification and update

(...) Jude, Attached below is a copy of the email message sent to TLC on May 7 which I alluded to last Friday here: (URL) was basically to make a post about this late last week, but Suzanne and I had comments on a couple things in the draft he ran (...) (22 years ago, 17-Jun-02, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Discount code clarification and update

(...) I have been working on this for some weeks now. So to answer your question: No. My apologies to the Todd and Suzanne for the extreme delay in posting this! Jake --- Jake McKee Senior Producer LEGO Direct (22 years ago, 17-Jun-02, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Discount code clarification and update

(...) John, I apologize for this third point. I should not have posted that remark. You do have the right to post your opinion in a public forum. Jude Beaudin (22 years ago, 17-Jun-02, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Discount code clarification and update

(...) I'd wager that wasn't the kind of question he meant. (...) Again, I'd wager if any of these were true, Jake would address them in the thread in which this issue originally came up. (...) Ah, but you posted publicly, and thus all are allowed to (...) (22 years ago, 17-Jun-02, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Discount code clarification and update

(...) Firstly, he solicited for questions. Secondly, I hope it does not have to with these events, but if it does, I think it is fair to know if LD is circling the wagons in regards to LUGNET. If so, we need to know if this channel of communication (...) (22 years ago, 17-Jun-02, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Can't we all just hug and make up? (don't abandon ship!)

(...) I'm not leaving, either! Hrmph! (stated emphatically with my arms crossed and doing the nod the head down. I'd stomp my foot as well, but doing the arms crossed and the head nod, if I threw in the foot stomp, I'd probably fall over.) I'm going (...) (22 years ago, 17-Jun-02, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Discount code clarification and update

(...) Jude et all, I doubt Jake will answer that, and I don't think he really has to... -John Rudy (22 years ago, 17-Jun-02, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Can't we all just hug and make up? (don't abandon ship!)

Hello, I would never try to be out of place, but I have been reading Lugnet for 4+ years now, and people just get way too offended at these things. I just finished reading Joel Kuester's letter and i was appalled! Hey, people mess up sometimes, but (...) (22 years ago, 17-Jun-02, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Discount code clarification and update

(...) <snipped some stuff> (...) Jake, Is the timing of this in anyway related to the events of the past week? Jude Beaudin (22 years ago, 17-Jun-02, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Why the absence of LD in their own newsgroup?

(...) I'm a fan of the product, not the company. My support of TLC as a company is due only to the product itself. I have some serious issues with TLC's choice of products (Jack Stone, Bionicle, etc.) and with some of their business practices (...) (22 years ago, 17-Jun-02, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Discount code clarification and update

All, Back in January of this year, when LEGO Direct provided the AFOL community their own coupon code for discounts on bulk bricks, an error was made on our part. We should not have used the character string "J2LUGNET" in the code, because it (...) (22 years ago, 17-Jun-02, to lugnet.lego.announce, lugnet.lego.direct) !!

  Re: Question: Why allow postings of lego.direct on lugnet at all? (sarcasm warning)

(...) For my Lego news, I come to Lugnet almost every day. I only visit Lego.com every 2 weeks or so. If TLC announcements weren't on LUGNET, then the balance would move a little the other way. For example, every few days we see a list of S@H (...) (22 years ago, 17-Jun-02, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Why the absence of LD in their own newsgroup?

I for one do not think that Lugnet changed after Todd left. It is still the great place that it was. I think that all the complaining people should go get out a Lego set and build it. Makes more sense that spending hours worrying that Lugnet is bad. (...) (22 years ago, 17-Jun-02, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Why the absence of LD in their own newsgroup?

(...) Jeez. I used to think that the overall tone of lugnet changed the day Todd took a pointed leave of absence too, but I think this is wrong-headed thinking. While Suz doesn't always come across as the friendliest person online -- I recognize (...) (22 years ago, 17-Jun-02, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Why the absence of LD in their own newsgroup?

(...) I try to avoid the 'me too' kind of post, but this is how I feel as well. Thanks for presenting your side of the story and I hope that Lugnet, as a body, can learn a little restraint on the 'reply' button. I'm very sorry that the reactions to (...) (22 years ago, 16-Jun-02, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Question: Why allow postings of lego.direct on lugnet at all? (sarcasm warning)

Why do people seem to think the site wide posting would mean we get 'spammed' in every group with the marketing stuff? Rules can be made that that has to stay in the L.D group.. just as BST stuff has to stay in B.S.T.. people follow the rules.. why (...) (22 years ago, 16-Jun-02, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Question: Why allow postings of lego.direct on lugnet at all? (sarcasm warning)

Dear Lego® Fans! Dear people of the Lego® company and Lego.direct! This is Lugnet: the network for Lego® users, not for Lego® producers or dealers. So after the strong discussions of the last few days let me allow to put even some more oil into the (...) (22 years ago, 16-Jun-02, to lugnet.lego.direct) !!

  Re: Why the absence of LD in their own newsgroup?

"LUGNET Admin" <suz@lugnet.com> writes: [...] (...) [...] Thank you for this. I accept your apology and I hope that you can successfully mend the rift with TLC. I am very glad to see your prompt (given the circumstances) reply. I support you and (...) (22 years ago, 16-Jun-02, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Why the absence of LD in their own newsgroup?

Suz: I don't think you did anything wrong. These people seem to be spring loaded to he pi**ed off position. After all is said and done this is still just a toy and if it is all that important to all these people to get so upset they need to get a (...) (22 years ago, 16-Jun-02, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Why the absence of LD in their own newsgroup?

(...) Wow. That was a very strong post, Suz. I refused to join in the attack on you mostly because I don't have a very good attitude about LEGO myself at the moment, but I was another one who was amazed at your post and wondered. You've shown great (...) (22 years ago, 16-Jun-02, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Why the absence of LD in their own newsgroup?

(...) Don't let your irrational fears hold you back. Define them and deal with them. I work in a big business. The objective is to avoid biting the hand that feeds, avoid killing the golden goose etc. I think you can trust TLC to generally respect (...) (22 years ago, 15-Jun-02, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Why the absence of LD in their own newsgroup?

In lugnet.lego.direct, Suzanne D. Rich writes: [snipped a GoodPost (tm?)] Suz, This was actually the post I've been waiting for. I have been following this thread, wondering what could have made you so angry. You see, I have been around LUGNET for a (...) (22 years ago, 16-Jun-02, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Why the absence of LD in their own newsgroup?

(...) Okay, what kind of marketing info are you taking about? We've been fairly specific, i.e., mentioning that we like polls, info on new sets, services, and bulk packs, and the like. Do you really not like that? Do you not want input on some of (...) (22 years ago, 16-Jun-02, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Why the absence of LD in their own newsgroup?

I must say that I couldn't post onto this thread because I know how it feels to be personally attacked by others, though my experience was far less than yours. I innocently posted something, that in my mind was okay, and everyone attcked me, my (...) (22 years ago, 15-Jun-02, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Why the absence of LD in their own newsgroup?

In lugnet.lego.direct, Suzanne D. Rich writes: [quite a thoughtful post] Well, I must say you put a lot of thought into this, but as they say, nobody is perfect. This post must have really taken some time to word, but I commend you for your effort (...) (22 years ago, 15-Jun-02, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Why the absence of LD in their own newsgroup?

I do want to answer this, but it'll be long and right now I'm exhausted.. I will. I promise. -Suz (...) (22 years ago, 15-Jun-02, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Why the absence of LD in their own newsgroup?

(...) Hug all 'round! Seriously, thanks, Suz, for your apology post. Hopefully all the heat around this thread will die down soon. Perhaps that post should also be sent directly to Jake? This thread is pretty huge and it might be hard to find in (...) (22 years ago, 15-Jun-02, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Why the absence of LD in their own newsgroup?

(...) I think that's a really good idea. I'll ask Dan and Todd about coding for it. Polls are good because lurkers are apt to participate. And with the member system, it'll be easy to prevent multi-submissions. but of course that means only members (...) (22 years ago, 15-Jun-02, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.admin.suggestions)

  Re: Why the absence of LD in their own newsgroup?

Suz's post must have been difficult to write. She's right about screwing up, but who here hasn't done something they regret? I have enjoyed LUGNET for years, and have this is my first post. Clearly people are upset by Suz's behaviour, and want to (...) (22 years ago, 15-Jun-02, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Why the absence of LD in their own newsgroup?

Just taking it as a whole... I am not so much anti-TLC as I am pro-fan as far as Lugnet is concerned. I think a lot of you haven't given that idea much thought. As far as being a lego fan myself, let's say a 1 is not much of a fan and a 10 is very (...) (22 years ago, 15-Jun-02, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Why the absence of LD in their own newsgroup?

<snip> That must have been a very tough post to write, Suz. My hat is off to you. Here's hoping for the best going forward. ++Lar (22 years ago, 15-Jun-02, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Why the absence of LD in their own newsgroup?

(...) In lugnet.lego.direct, Tony Kilaras writes: (...) Well, I certainly see that now.. :-( After my posting yesterday, I had to return to my job, where there are no computers. So, not until 6 p.m., when I got home, did I receive my accumulated (...) (22 years ago, 15-Jun-02, to lugnet.lego.direct) !!

  Re: Why the absence of LD in their own newsgroup? (everyone’s overreacting!)

In response to your comment Richard, Although harsh, I think that it is fair for Tim to be disgusted. Tim approached the situation diplomatically, (even though the intial comment was not intended at him, it still affected him and his website a great (...) (22 years ago, 15-Jun-02, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.starwars, lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Why the absence of LD in their own newsgroup?

In lugnet.lego.direct, Richard Marchetti writes: ... (...) While this is probably an unneeded 'me too' post, I was also thinking about what the LEGO-run discussion forum would be like: - Since lego.com's audience is appreciably younger than (...) (22 years ago, 15-Jun-02, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Why the absence of LD in their own newsgroup?

(...) Ouch! Thats quite a negative attitude there. I do not know they would, nor would I think they would. There are some people such as yourself that think everytime they type it comes out as a marketing ploy that is poorly as disguised as an (...) (22 years ago, 15-Jun-02, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: LEGO - Small shop horror story

(...) I will only use this as an absolute last resort. I'm still trying via several channels to get the message to SOMEONE in the chain of command that this behavior is inexcusable. *I* don't want to harm the LEGO company's reputation. I like LEGO (...) (22 years ago, 15-Jun-02, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Why the absence of LD in their own newsgroup?

(...) I know it's your playhouse and you can do how you choose, but you are not being a very good host with responses such as this Suz. You really should follow the posting proceedures regarding comments of this nature and send email to Jake if this (...) (22 years ago, 15-Jun-02, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Why the absence of LD in their own newsgroup?

(...) Right, and Todd said it was "fine." Identifying it for what it is and generally sequestering it to a specific forum is probably a good idea. There really isn't a problem here. --Hop-Frog (22 years ago, 15-Jun-02, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Why the absence of LD in their own newsgroup?

(...) Right, that's the reality of discussing their product lines (of course, some of us also speak very favorably about clone brands too, but whatever). If TLC/Lego Direct were allowed to make "product placement" type comments in different (...) (22 years ago, 15-Jun-02, to lugnet.lego.direct) !

  Re: Why the absence of LD in their own newsgroup?

(...) It is my experience with "message board" systems that some people like to take part in a heated discussion from time to time. When someone posts something which is regarded as foolish by a majority, there are commonly a lot of people who jump (...) (22 years ago, 15-Jun-02, to lugnet.lego.direct)

I'm afraid I don't quite agree. "Todd Lehman" <todd@lugnet.com> wrote in message news:Gxpxys.59@lugnet.com... (...) messages: (...) know about upcoming releases before they're all over the media. (...) posted in the forum. (...) they're going to (...) (22 years ago, 15-Jun-02, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Why the absence of LD in their own newsgroup?

(...) I don't buy this stance. I prefer discussions like this to be held openly. I _like_ the fact that we get to put in our two cents. Todd and Suz are both seriously bright folks, but they just can't think of everything. Why shouldn't we know (...) (22 years ago, 15-Jun-02, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Why the absence of LD in their own newsgroup?

(...) readable by NNTP & mail, for which colour isn't doable, as there is little or no control over the client. I see no reason, however, why posts from official LEGO users cannot have an official LEGO sig attached (by the server) and maybe even a (...) (22 years ago, 15-Jun-02, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Why the absence of LD in their own newsgroup?

EWOK!!!...!!! (...) 8< YUBB YUBB >8 (...) 8< YUBB YUBB >8 (...) 8< YUBB YUBB >8 (22 years ago, 15-Jun-02, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Why the absence of LD in their own newsgroup?

WOOKIE!!!...!!! (...) (22 years ago, 15-Jun-02, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Why the absence of LD in their own newsgroup?

(...) Well that is one approach to looking at it...yes for several...errr... many years North America (US and Canada) was spoiled. I'll have to agree somewhat to the approach you are taking. I don't disagree with a world point of view. My qualms is (...) (22 years ago, 15-Jun-02, to lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Terms of Use violation (was Re: Why the absence of LD in their own newsgroup?)

(...) Actually Bill Ward is right... as an admin, Suz needs to lead by example. What she posted earlier today was in my opinion very shocking and inappropriate. I have to also look at her flaming policy as of late and "judge her by her own words"... (...) (22 years ago, 15-Jun-02, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.admin.general)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact