 LEGO Company / LEGO Direct / 4765
Re: Discount code clarification and update
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Tue, 18 Jun 2002 22:45:39 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

In lugnet.lego.direct, Suzanne D. Rich writes:
[...] on my website of my action taken to protect my property. I should not have to
defend myself for running my business as a business [...]
It happened on MY site [...]

Oh. I thought this would be a "site by fans, for fans" as announced at the
homepage. Where the users are making the content.

I did not want to see it plastered
all over the internet's "Cool-Coupon-Code" spam!

If this is your view, everone has to tolerate it, but please do tolerate
other views and also speculations too. Because this is from what LUGNET gets
its power (among other things): discussions between people with different
views. So here is, what I think:

In lugnet.lego.direct, Mark Papenfuss writes:
Maybe the other stores take it for what it
is, a compliment.

I have to agree. Why it shouldn't be? Or to put it another way:

In lugnet.lego.direct, Suzanne D. Rich writes:
I'm not surprised, as that is exactly how a good marketing team would intended
the community to see it.

Which marketing advantages should TLC gets by using "LUGNET" in coupon-codes?

Everyone can use the LUGNET banners and buttons
(http://www.lugnet.com/admin/logo/buttons/) on their web pages, no matter
how poor or fantastic they are. Even TLC could do so. But using the string
"LUGNET" in a TLC-coupon-code is bad?

Sorry for this sharp criticism: One can read about your efforts to get
financial support by TLC more often the last days and weeks; at the same
time you give TLC a wigging in cause for different reasons and you do it public.

Suzanne, you've done and you're doing a good job holding this place together
and I think I can say, that I know very exact how difficult this can be, so
I have great respect for you. But I think that in some cases you took a
wrong path to improve LUGNET.

This is my very own opinion only, and of course, you don't have to accept
it, but you can tolerate it.

Kind Regards,

René