 LEGO Company / LEGO Direct / 4717
Re: Discount code clarification and update
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego.direct
Date:
Mon, 17 Jun 2002 16:30:20 GMT

In lugnet.lego.direct, John Rudy writes:
In lugnet.lego.direct, Jude Beaudin writes:
In lugnet.lego.announce, Jake McKee writes:
All,

Back in January of this year,  when LEGO Direct provided the AFOL community
their own coupon code for discounts on bulk bricks, an error was made on our
part. We should not have used the character string "J2LUGNET" in the code,
because it contains the word LUGNET (tm),  which is a trademark owned by
Todd Lehman and Suzanne Rich.

Our offer has no association with LUGNET itself in any way. So, to avoid any
possible confusion, we've set up a new code and have retired the old one.

We apologize for any confusion or misunderstanding about this. Additionally,
I have to apologize for the delay in posting this clarification. Because of
some confusion on my part, I took a little long than I should have to post this.

<snipped some stuff>

If you have any questions, please let me know. And again, sorry for the
confusion and inappropriate use of the LUGNET (tm) trademark!

Thanks!
Jake

---
Jake McKee
Senior Producer
LEGO Direct

Jake,

Is the timing of this in anyway related to the events of the past week?

Jude Beaudin

Jude et all,
I doubt Jake will answer that, and I don't think he really has to...

-John Rudy

Firstly, he solicited for questions.

Secondly, I hope it does not have to with these events, but if it does, I
think it is fair to know if LD is circling the wagons in regards to LUGNET.
If so, we need to know if this channel of communication is damaged (in other
words, do we need to go elsewhere to have direct communication with LD)

Thirdly, Jake addressed his post to All (of which we are all a part), I
addressed my post to Jake, please do not speak for him or LD unless it is
your job.

Jude Beaudin