 LEGO Company / LEGO Direct / 4741
Re: Discount code clarification and update
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego.direct
Date:
Tue, 18 Jun 2002 09:08:42 GMT

In lugnet.lego.announce, Jake McKee writes:

<snip>

Our offer has no association with LUGNET itself in any way. So, to avoid any
possible confusion, we've set up a new code and have retired the old one.

<snip>

If you have any questions, please let me know. And again, sorry for the
confusion and inappropriate use of the LUGNET (tm) trademark!

Thanks!
Jake

I took it as a compliment actually. There was a coupon code many people were
having trouble using or just did not have and TLC came out and made one just
for us and detailed how to use it. I took that as a awesome sign of goodwill
towards us, the AFOL who love Lego and make Lugnet what it is.

I can understand how using trademarks can be sticky, but in this instance I
personally took it as a simple jesture of goodwill and was somewhat
perplexed at the reaction it had recieved. But then again Todd and Suz were
simply doing the same thing that Lego does in protecting their trademark.

Either way I guess the events that took place between then and now do not
really matter at this point but as long as something has taken its place
that is all that matters.

Once again, I thank you for helping us out on getting a discount on what we
love, *and would have bought anyway*.

Mark P
http://www.landofbricks.com