 LEGO Company / LEGO Direct / 4754
Re: Discount code clarification and update
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego.direct
Date:
Tue, 18 Jun 2002 17:35:48 GMT

In lugnet.lego.direct, Jeff Stembel writes:
In lugnet.lego.direct, Mark Papenfuss writes:
I can understand how using trademarks can be sticky, but in this instance I
personally took it as a simple jesture of goodwill and was somewhat
perplexed at the reaction it had recieved. But then again Todd and Suz were
simply doing the same thing that Lego does in protecting their trademark.

Maybe, but I've seen tons of online stores use trademarked words and names in
coupon codes, and never once heard of any of them getting in trouble.

Jeff

Oh yes, I have also seen that. Maybe the other stores take it for what it
is, a compliment. AFIK Lego has been uptight about its logo and its use here
on Lugnet, and it is my thinking that this was a chance for Todd and Suz to
bite Lego back for something. All I DO know is that if it would have
happened on my site I would have been nothing but honered and happy, I also
would have promotied it as much as a I possibly could! I was happy for
Lugnet when I saw that coupon code, it just showed me that Lego was making a
special effort to help us out.

Mark
http://www.landofbricks.com