 LEGO Company / LEGO Direct / 4753
Re: Question: Why allow postings of lego.direct on lugnet at all?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego.direct
Date:
Tue, 18 Jun 2002 17:23:44 GMT

I ask the LUGNET Admins:
If I'm a seller (just for the record: I'm not) and I start using
lugnet.robotics to *advertise* robotic Parts/Sets/MOC's I want to sell, what
happens to my right to participate on that forum ?
Will I be warned once and after that I'm cut-out of only lugnet.robotics
"tree" ? Or will I be cut-out of all lugnet ?

Well I'm not a Lego Admin, but if I saw you posting an advertizing in the
group (ie Robotics), then I'm sure you will see a professionally worded
notice from me or from another user to post your solicitation in
the appropriate newsgroup.  If you failed to desist in your solicitation,
then the Admins would be informed that you are not abiding by the
TOS.

Then it would be their call to suspend your posting privileges.

I think that LEGO Direct should have the same treatment as any other
participant on LUGNET.

see above.  no.  you wouldn't be allowed to post if you continued to
post solicitation in the regular (non-market)....you could also get a
bunch of users telling you that your behavior was inappropriate for LUGnet.

I, for one, would love to discuss directly with LEGO people on
lugnet.robotics and wouldn't mind to see on some messages, references or
url/links to any *.lego.com site *IF* in context with that thread.

I don't think this is a big issue.  There are numberous fans of each theme.
I don't think there is a problem with people being overtly selfish in
what's happening as far as the company goes.  The real fanatics tend to
be only small steps behind what LEGO is doing.

I think that it would be very visible to quite a number of participants any
abuse on the part of LEGO.

I agree, but I think the Admins have already made their mind.  WE will have
to wait until after Brickfest to see if Todd/Suz change their minds after
their face-to-face (heart-to-heart) with Brad/Jake.

Benjamin Medinets