 LEGO Company / LEGO Direct / 4724
Re: (sarcasm warning) etc
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego.direct
Date:
Mon, 17 Jun 2002 18:21:50 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

Forget
Unneccesary
Nuisances

Free
Useful
Nanoseconds

Fully
Utilize
Non-work-time

I thought that LUGnet was supposed to be about FUN...I've enjoyed the
creativity, imagination, and incredible stuff that you people can all make
with basically a child's toy.  I recently sent in my membership because of
all this, because I want to be part of something that encourages grown-ups
to enjoy their inner children, something that revels in creativity,
something that I've enjoyed, and encouraged others to enjoy.

So why all the darned politicking?  Who cares?

I've read Suz's 'apology' posting, and understand about what she's said.
And admire the strength it took to post it.

But the real issue is:  Why aren't we having fun?  Isn't that what this is
all about?

I think it's neat to have the chance to possibly sway the minds of those who
make what I love to play with, but I can't see getting all bothered about it
if the communication isn't working out.  I'm still going to play with my
little bricks, and my little minifigs.  Even if there's no direct
communication, simple economics will communicate.  If people like what TLC
makes, they'll buy more;  if they don't, they won't.

Either way, I'm going to have fun.  Shouldn't we all?  Isn't that what we do?

Forgetful are we.
Unmindful are we.
Not feeling the Force flowwing through our bricks are we.

Have FUN we shall, hmmm?

~Tony Alexander