 LEGO Company / LEGO Direct / 4766
Re: Question: Why allow postings of lego.direct on lugnet at all? (sarcasm warning)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego.direct
Date:
Wed, 19 Jun 2002 01:56:29 GMT

In lugnet.lego.direct, Dave Schuler writes:
In lugnet.lego.direct, Jeff Stembel writes:

If that were the case, you'd see tons of market postings in non-market groups,
since they have the same temptation. I see the very occasional post, and thats
about it.

The difference is that the the average LUGNET poster isn't representing a
multi-national brick seller and are not employed for the express purpose of
advancing the profit margin of that brick seller.

I'd disagree.  For TLC, we (the online AFOLs) are not the most important
buyers, not by a long ways (see your description below of us as a teeny tiny
demographic).  For the random Bricklink seller, or e-bayer, or whatever, the
online AFOLs are the ONLY buyers.  As such, it is the random individual
seller who has a much greater impetus to spam outside of marketplace groups.

Even if they lost their LUGNET posting privileges altogether, so what?
Would TLC really care if they weren't allowed to post 2 or 3 message per
month on a site catering to a teeny tiny demographic?

Bruce