 LEGO Company / LEGO Direct / 4771
RE: Question: Why allow postings of lego.direct on lugnet at all? (sarcasm warning)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.lego.direct
Date:
Wed, 19 Jun 2002 15:29:30 GMT

-----Original Message-----> Of Dave Schuler
  The purpose of default LUGNET user's presence on LUGNET is
to exchange
information in a forum for people who share in the hobby.
While it is true
that many LUGNET users also sell bricks, this for the most
part isn't their
sole vocation and isn't generally their entire purpose for
being on LUGNET.
TLC, and by extension any TLC employee who posts in an
official capacity,
represents the interest of TLC, which is to sell product.  I
don't suggest
that TLC employees can't contribute to LUGNET in a
non-official capacity,
but if they post *as* employees then their posts are by
definition part of
the TLC marketing presence on LUGNET.

Yes, but why not use the same "rules" used to anyone abusing the LUGNET ?
i.e. If any TLC employee *OR* any other LUGNETter starts using this resource
against the LUGNET spirit, after the 1st warning, should be "banned" for a
while. This would be a reverse solution compared to the actual one, where LD
is "banned" from every other but lugnet.lego.* forum.

mc.